Tyres

Stevo

What one do u use and why?
I have a mixture on mine :roll: dunlop + avon

My car is lowered by 30mm and current tyre size is 205 45 16 :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have Dunlop sp sport 9000s 205/50/15s all round, cos I saw them in a test and they were top3 wet and dry.

GINGA

Toyo t1s cos there cheap and have a good rep :wink: they also look nice to :D only problem with them is the treads alittle thin on the sides so any tracking/camber problems and there fcuked in no time even though the rest of the tyre is perfect :(

Danny S R

Yeah have to agree Toyo's are the mutts, but do wear quick, got goodyear eagle F1's on mine when i bought it, they squeal like mad!

Nad

Even at Mytyres, F1's are like double the price of Toyo's and 2mm less tread so always go for Toyo's now.

Nad

MarkTurbo

Yokohama A539's, but they dont last very long :( They grip really well in the dry but aren't brilliant in the wet :? Better than the yoko A520's i used to have on it though, they were awful in the wet :shock:

B

beast14

got kumho ecsta supra 712 - good wear and grip!!....traction AA

mattygti-r

Toyo proxies all round, thou BF's are very good too...AVONS iw ouldnt touch with a pole , hard wearing but utter utter shite in the wet and esp on a 4x4

K

KrissJ

I have the ZZ3s all round and have heard lots of people say they don't rate them in the wet.

I initially got them cos I'd read good reviews on them and there was an offer on them at a local garage so got em dirt cheap. To be honest I think they're pretty good, especially for the price! They grip well in the dry and have a progressive break away when on the edge of grip so gives more confidence. The wet grip doesn't seem that bad either, but then I don't really push it in the wet anyway cos its too risky in a fast car. Someone once said that he felt it was more to do with a loss of feel rather than grip in the wet though.

Next time I'm gonna say bollocks to cost and go for summat track based for't crack :wink: