Tyres wearing on the inside since new suspension

A

Anonymous

Ever since putting on a set of gab's on my car, the tyres have been wearing on the inside. So much that they are almost about to pop :shock:

I've had the alignment corrected 3 times in less than 3 months now and it keeps going out :cry:

Took it to the garage along the road and he couldnt find anything obviously wrong with it....

Where do i go from this.....

I'm probably gonna see my mate @ ATS tomorrow to get it checked again as it was re aligned about 3 weeks ago. Will see how it goes but if anyone got any thoughts please let me know.

cheers all

GINGA

If you've fitted lowering springs at the same time chances are your camber is out so you'll need some adjustable camber bolts or better still adjustable top mounts to sort it out :wink:

A

Anonymous

But would that mean that the wheels would go out of alignment?

Curtis @ powerstation did the alignment for me a while back and said that the gtir was pretty pants for alignment and was alwasy going out so would incorrect camber 'pull' them out? :?

they checked the camber and the rear drivers side required a camber bolt but the front was ok.....

time for another alignment session there again i think.... :roll:

J

jasegould

What you can do is adjust the front to compensate for the tyre wear, it may mean setting them out of spec but itll save you a fortune in tyres.....your choice :? :wink: