tyre pressures?

davey red.r

what tyre pressures yous lot running on your road gtir,s? im currently running 32psi all round, tried 31 front, 33 rear, 33 front 31 rear,but quite happy with 32 all round, with the superstreets on middle setting, car handles very well with the addition of new front droplinks, and a whiteline front arb, had heard storys that they arnt any good over oe, im well happy with the setup of the car at the moment:-D very surefooted surprisingly:shock::lol:

davey

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
32 all round with unknown dropped spings... but that doesn't help when the tracking is so far out that I've chewed the front tyres (it's a long story).

GTIR-LOZ

if you do a search i believe they should be 37 front and rear i used to get excessive inside tyre wear until i set mine at this now they wear a lot better

davey red.r

how many clicks you got the teins on ollie?
10 rear and 15 front for me.with the 32psi all round a mega improvement over the kyb,s i had on, alough they were still a good strutt.

davey

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Don’t for get that some tyres have stiff sidewalls where others are much softer, so you have to compensate.

For the road I use Hancook RS2’s, pressures are 34 fronts and 32 rear; on track I have (cold) 38 front 36 rear.

DanDud

I run F 32, R 30 and have the teins on the softest setting for the road. Whoever said they run theirs at 10 and 15 clicks that must be unbearable.

DanDud

Fair enough, what size wheels have you got? Im on 17's and found it far too stiff with the teins at 10 clicks (from softest). If your on 15's then obviously the ride wouldnt be as harsh.

MarkTurbo

For the road I use Hancook RS2’s, pressures are 34 fronts and 32 rear; on track I have (cold) 38 front 36 rear.
I run mine 10 psi lower than that on track! Yours must be up around 45 psi once they've warmed up :shock: Are you running them that high just to prolong tyre life?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I run mine 10 psi lower than that on track! Yours must be up around 45 psi once they've warmed up :shock: Are you running them that high just to prolong tyre life?
I run them higher to reduce tyre flex. In the past I've felt that the cars not been handling right and some time talking to Jim and trackdays with him has led to trying a similar set-up to his.

However at the last trackday it hit high 40's :shock: and has made me reconsider pressures for the future.