Type R Civic

Mark_GTiR

Went to a civic type R owners club meet today with a mate of mine who owns one. Some pretty interesting motors there - couple of guys with very deep pockets - one geezer has supercharged it and was running 280bhp.. fair do's to the guy...

nice motors with a great interior for anyone who's ever been in one...

Obviously gonna attract some conflicting objections.... but go ahead...

Mark

Mark_GTiR

Dooie Pop Pop said:
:lol: i was waiting for the 'motorsport' connection :roll: :lol: so did you show him your boost or what? :wink: :lol:
Sorry.. had sunk a few beers last night when I posted it up so probably in the wrong space :oops: - Went along as a passenger so left the R at home.

Mark

ashills

they are very cool cars for a NA
top end with a lairy exhaust they sound incredile and go well with the 6 speed box etc

S

Stoned

What sort of torque did the supercharger conversion give him as thats really all thats wrong with the Type-R's

Flat torque line after about 4000rpm

kyepan

I would own one or a dc2 integra... recon they would not do too bad down the twisties either. As i was shuttled about in a DC2 back in the late 90's.

Had an old JDM dc2 try it on when I first got the R.. on a private airfield near reading.. Had to show him the naughty side of 140mph before we started to pull away. quick cars once rolling. most def.

P

Pulsar666

I had a civic type R in between having 2 pulsars, they are quick, nice to drive!!!!

6Miester

Guy i know has the fastest N/A Type R in the country, and its bloody nice!!

The mile comes up in 13 iirc.

If you fancy a Supercharger they are only about £3000, not bad i thought.

S

stomski

my mate at works got one, been out in it a few times, but they just dont do it for me. :(

we went to overtake a calibra on a dual carriageway and he was screaming thru the gears just to get level, didnt really feel any pull in it at all. :roll:

DavidGTiR

The car itself is good but its the K20 engine thats the best part. The yanks are running the K20`s in other models ie EG, EK etc with some unreal N/A times !

The JDM K20A engine puts out 220hp stock and when they are fitted into the other models with manifolds and management they are getting 240hp at the wheels + !

These engine have been fitted (Supercharged also) to Elise, Exige and Aierial Atoms with devestating performance !

Click on the link below and watch the videos at the bottom. A stock K20 powered EG beating a 22psi Evo :D

PS 30mpg+ :evil: :x

Hybrid Racing.com

LOU ROB

I demolished a civic with a supercharger conversion with TTS stickers all over it in santa pod. I think they are a sh1t car and highly overated :shock:

pete-r

LOU ROB said:
I demolished a civic with a supercharger conversion with TTS stickers all over it in santa pod. I think they are a log car and highly overated :shock:
well said lou 8) ,totally agree.

J

jiw

Theirs plenty round here, they all try it on but never succeed, soon a dot in the rear view mirror :lol: