Two Types of Standard Gearbox for the R

forge400

HI

I want to know are there two types of standard gearboxes for the gtir. The reason is that my gearbox code is different to my mates. We asked our local nissan dealer and he said that nissan made two types of gearbox for the gtir. The difference being one is already uprated or has better internals and has a longer 5th gear. Is this true?

Thanx

forg400

T

Trent

i think there might be 3 types, the normal one, the dakar one and whichever one the hks edition pulsars had.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trent

the dakar having closer ratio gears (top speed of about 123 mph i think) and the hks one being the uprated one.

all 3 gearboxes were standard to thier respective models (normal, dakar, hks)

i could be wrong on that before i get raped by everyone for talking sh1t

Last edited by a moderator:

DanDud

The bits about the dakar or 'RA' as nissan refer to it IIRC and the standard gearbox is true, the 'RA' does have a close ratio box. Im not sure about the HKS edition as far as i understood this car was a myth and never actually existed. But i could be talking out of my **** and im sure someone in the know will be along shortly to correct me.

T

Trent

i was told that the hks edition one only came in one colour, which was like a sivery pale green??? like you say it could be a myth and someone probably will tell us we are talking sh1te :-D

mattygti-r

there is no such thing as a HKS GTIR

20 (i believe) winter green editions were built buy nissan one of which is on this forum a while ago, was up for sale not sure if it did sell.

the RA dakar (short ratio box) and the normal gtir

there was a GTI-R NISMO gearbox i believe

MarkTurbo

Trent said:
i was told that the hks edition one only came in one colour, which was like a sivery pale green??? like you say it could be a myth and someone probably will tell us we are talking sh1te :-D
Yep, you're talking shite ;-) :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
There is no such thing as an HKS Edition GTiR..

Gearbox wise there are 2 standard ones.... Close ratio and Normal ratio...

Uprated Boxes also exist from:

Quiafe
NISMO
PPG
PAR
Becker
Hollinger - are in the middle of developing one

There is another one but i can't remember the name...

Rishi

ram5ay

Do the later RB gearboxes (with extra strengthening/webbing in the casing) still have the same part number as the earlier ones?

tomble

Matty,

My friend bought the winter green one that was on sale last year.

She's an absolute minter. Totally standard, and he's keeping her that way!

Tom

T

Trent

MarkTurbo said:
Yep, you're talking shite ;-) :lol: :lol:
thought i might be!! :oops: this info did come from someone who was a bit of a tinker for telling fibs!!:lol:

GTiR_Mic

tomble said:
Matty,

My friend bought the winter green one that was on sale last year.

She's an absolute minter. Totally standard, and he's keeping her that way!

Tom
As far as im lead to belaive (don't quote me 100%) that the Winter Green GTi-R was made in that colour for the wife of the owner of Nissan for her Birthday (or suttin like that) and only x amount where produced.

Mic

forge400

So there are two types of standard gearboxes. Are these 1, normal standard & 2, the Dakar Rally one?

Dooie Pop Pop

forge400 said:
So there are two types of standard gearboxes. Are these 1, normal standard & 2, the Dakar Rally one?
yeah but the existence of the Dakar car is a bit dubious..we like to call it a close ratio box:thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
DanDud said:
The bits about the dakar or 'RA' as nissan refer to it IIRC and the standard gearbox is true, the 'RA' does have a close ratio box.

Yo've got your RA and RBs mixed up:doh:

I have the RB model with the close ratio box, it give me a top speed of 123mph in 5th, but I'm losing a couple of mph as I have smaller diammeter tyres on.

Dakar is just another name that people call the RB. (Nissan have never mentioned the word as far as we can tell)

stumo

Both types have the same code..RS5F50A, cases are the same, internals are different. Both use the same transfer box.

J

jpward

stumo said:
Both types have the same code..RS5F50A, cases are the same, internals are different. Both use the same transfer box.
As far as i know the transfare box was seperate on these due to being easily changed mid rally and it sat back of the box Fast Guy yours like this or was it only some RB's?