Turning up the boost...

S

slammed_gtir

Ok im looking to get the boost turned up once ive got an uprated pump fitted, currently running 1 bar, ive got a standard turbo etc etc.

So from what i understand the 3 things that max out are the afm, injectors and turbo.

So lets say im turning up the boost (with wideband lambda to keep an eye on fuel)

I know too back the boost off if the turbo starts reaching its limits as i know it wont beable to hold boost levels and will drop etc so im ok with that.

I suppose if the injectors will max out then it will show on the lambda but from what i understand if im gonna get the boost as high as i safely can which wont be above 1.4 bar then the injectors are more then likely to be ok anyway.

But this is the thing that gets me the AFM maxing out at 5vs what are the symtoms of this? hold would i know?

Oh and i dont have a fuel computer, as i dont want to waste the money cos im just gonna save enough for emanage and other bits and fit them next year, just want the most out the car for now.

Cheers lads.

As I recall (from a post on here somewhere), the std MAFS can't read any more airflow volume than around 1.2 bar's worth. Anything over that and it'll start to lean out.

oldaneal

i think on mafs and injectors its all a bit pot luck after about 1.2 some are good and others cant cope just manufacturing tolerences. would have thought get it on some rollers and ask them really

A

AJ4

Some cars max the standard injectors at 1 bar....

But this is the thing that gets me the AFM maxing out at 5vs what are the symtoms of this? hold would i know?
Listen out for the rods exiting the side of the block, they make quite a noise when they let go ;)

nismoboy

re wire the fuel pump, fmic,uprated fuel pump, and u should be fine for 1.2 bar if u want a bit of a saftey margine back of the timing 2 degrees.

Mark turbo is running 1.5 bar with uk spec timing and a bosch pump using standard injectors etc

S

slammed_gtir

so will a rolling road be able to tell me if my injectors and maf are maxing out? or is it all related to the fueling so will just go off air fuel ratio?

nismoboy

u can test your maf by using a multi meter either off the back of the ecu or run a couple of pieces of cable through the baulk head to your afm and just crimp join them then get a mate to hold the wires on your multi meter then go out for a drive and test it.