Turbosmart Dumpvalves?

G

GTI-R Kid

Has anyone ever heard of these or tried one of them so that they could comment on their performance? I'm thinking of getting the one illustrated below, and having seen it in the metal i can see that a lot of research and engineering has gone into its development. I was thinking of a HKS SSQV or Blitz Supersonic, but this seems to be more solid and also a considerable amount cheaper.

It also offers the ability for the valve to function like the standard re-circulating valve by sending the air back into the intake system under cruising or light driving and then venting to atmosphere when the car is driven with a little more effort. Bit less Lax Power which i wouldn't mind. :wink:

So can anyone offer an opinion?

From their site
Due to the ever-increasing demand, we now have a BOV that will vent to atmosphere and back into the air intake. Dual ports with sequential timing allow quieter operation during normal driving loads with the benefit of a Supersonic during race conditions.

Supplied with a universal blanking flange to reconfigure to Plumb back or atmospheric dump only
Adjustment via the unique Quick Wrist action
(no spanners required)
Supplied with a 38mm weld-on adapter to suit stainless or steel piping
Supported by our Multi-Fit adapters

J

J-GTi-R

In a word 'LOUD'. Not as nice sounding as my particular favourite, but a mate who flat-out refused to sell me his Sheepdog reckons his Turbosmart (on a different car) is very loud.

G

GTI-R Kid

I think this it THE loud one to have! The Megasonic. 8)

M

Mikey

Like it ! Looks :twisted: If you get one let us know what its like. How much are they ?

G

GTI-R Kid

think they're around €300 (@ stg£210.99 - according to xe.com)

A

Anonymous

You can get them here in aus for around 380 too 420 aus $$$ so they should be cheaper then 300pounds over there.. (also check out gfb bov they have a stealth on that you can turn to be full plumb back or turn a little by little till u have full atmospher venting(i read you can now get an adapter for these which is ment to sorta whistle when it dumps)
check out www.mercurymotorsport.com.au theres a wright up on there somwhere about them..

M

Momighty

got a supersonic on mine sounds the nuts is pretty loud but you can adjust it so it aint so loud, aint got no complaints about it i would recommend it.