Turbo's

People are telling that the next upgrade for a turbo is a GT 3071 wat is the difference? Cus I have just been offered a GT 3076??

M

markwashington

Next upgrade from what? How much power is your car currently making and how much do you want to make? Without wanting to teach my grandmother to suck eggs it's not as simple as throwing a bigger turbo at the car and winding up the boost, without knowing anything about your car, plans or current mods, all I can say is this, the GT3071 is rated up to 450bhp give or take, and the 3076 is rated to 500bhp+.

skiddusmarkus

And check where its coming from.You can buy "GT30" turbos on ebay from the states for something silly like £200 but when you read the specs they don't have roller bearings which is kind of the whole point of the GT series and the casting is attrocious.I wouldn't risk one on my engine.

Turbo

Ok well I didn't explain myself very well can people give me a rough idea on wat it takes and costs to get 1 of these cars running 350 bhp but I want it reliable as well ??

STU666V

My car was running 340bhp on a standard turbo,standard injectors and engine. was removed today!

So it the GT 2860 rs not the standard turbo wat is the standard turbo? As you can tell I only got the car last week!! And how much is 1 of these turbo's and wat else would I need for it to be reliable as well way do these cars do MPG?

red reading

Do a search! standard fit is a gt2854, for 350-360 you need, gt2860rs,z32 maf,555cc evo injectors,good air filter,walbro or bosch fuel pump,decent 2.5" exhaust and a remap at fusion using the nistune daughter board, after mapping on a run with a decent driver you can achive up to 38mpg standard is circa 30mpg

I gotta big pay out coming up soon and I just wanna spend it all on my car I get the money in three weeks!! So I just wanna no wat it is gonna cost to make my car quick but also reliable?

gtirjoey

I gotta big pay out coming up soon and I just wanna spend it all on my car I get the money in three weeks!! So I just wanna no wat it is gonna cost to make my car quick but also reliable?
Start trying to source the parts you have been told you need and price them up, that will be a pretty good idea of cost.

skiddusmarkus

Think Pulsarbobby has a gt2860 for sale for £750,550cc injectors prob £150-200 (used), z32 maf-£100, air filter £50-150,remap £450ish, ebay special fmic £150-200.All this is plus fitting, the maf, injectors, air filter are a peice of piss to do yourself(assuming you can solder the maf wires, my soldering is shit), the fmic might take a few hours and the turbo the same.

Keep some aside for a new clutch-£400-450 for a helix and most garages charge a days labour to fit it but it can be done in less.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I might just be easier to haul-arse to Ed and pay him to sort it out for you. - That way you can get it installed and mapped at the same time so that you can use it all.

iomegalinux

Think Pulsarbobby has a gt2860 for sale for £750,550cc injectors prob £150-200 (used), z32 maf-£100, air filter £50-150,remap £450ish, ebay special fmic £150-200.All this is plus fitting, the maf, injectors, air filter are a peice of piss to do yourself(assuming you can solder the maf wires, my soldering is shit), the fmic might take a few hours and the turbo the same.

Keep some aside for a new clutch-£400-450 for a helix and most garages charge a days labour to fit it but it can be done in less.
when you have all this installed you will not recognize your gtir, and you wont really loose on reliability (except if drive like you just stole it)

Rite can any body help me out wat will the pulsar be running at with all of the above stuff done 2 it and how much can a standard gearbox take before it goes bang and where can I get my gearbox strengthened?