Turbo

Bosso

I'm soon about to close my rebuilt. I'm after 400 in the engine. Will the GT2871R be a good choice for response and fun driving? And does it handle 400? Other solutions on turbo choice is welcome!

olliecast

not sure if i`d do 400 comfortabily mate.
I`m going for 350 hp and the 2871r is ideal.
i`d go 3071 matey

vss irvine

alot of people go for the 3071r, but im using the md214(turbo dynamics) which is sort of in between the gt28 and the gt30

ill see if i can find the spec sheet.

the main reason is for a quick spool up for track work, and the roller bearing to save letting it tick over for 2 days to cool down!

Bosso

I have been searching the GT3071R as well. I'm after a quick spool up and good response. The first answer i got was GT3071R but someone came up with the 2871 in stead. Is the 3071 "bolt" on as well? And i don't need to cange my manifold? That is what im told.

rx jamie

the gt2871r is the turbo i run. it will run definately 400hp. depending on the spec of it, it will probably run 400 at around 1.7 to 1.8 bar.

its a good turbo i like it, it has hardly any lag. but i havent had anything bigger so can't really comment on the 3071.

the gt2871r has many variants rated from 375 to 475bhp. altho i think 475 bhp might be a bit of an over exageration if im honest LOL i dont think you would ever get that out of one

Last edited:
M

Mr Overboooost

The gt2871R is only good for about 420 as confirmed by grant at AET tubos when i bought my old one from them,
whether you get 400 or not is another thing seeing as we dont know the rest of your spec.
if you want quick spool up but only want 380ish then its the gt28rs is the one to go for
personally its the gt3071 if you want 400+ and you wil make more power at less boost than the 28r.

Fusion Ed

Ive mapped plenty of both, I prefer the 3071. If that helps - up to you!

Last edited:

Bosso

Ok, i see. I find this difficult. Because Nissan "experts" in Norway who has tuned a lot of S13, 14, Skylines says 2871. But this is info that are first hand because its the same car, and people who knows what they are talking about. Hmmm

Trondelond

What experts? :) As there aren't that many R's in norway, I doubt there are many with a solid base to make such statements. Granted the 2871 _can_ make 400, but..

vss irvine

this year i am using the md214 and im also looking for 400hp.

but if it struggles to make(or sustain) that then i will be upgrading to the 3071r.

im starting with the t28 because i already have the unit, if i was buying first id go straight for the t3( with the smaller A/R)

Fusion Ed

The SR20 pulsar lump likes to eat a lot more air than other SR20's. So the larger turbo does suit it well.

M

Mr Overboooost

just get a 3071 and dont listen to the guy in norway especially if he hasnt worked on or tuned a gtir before.
the pulsar is a different beast altogether.