turbo spec

nismoboy

Im looking into getting a new turbo and got two turbo`s reccomend to me, the guy that told me about them said they were gt25 and a gt30 he said they were good for 400bhp and 500bhp thats all i know does anyone know the full spec of these turbo`s :?: CHEERS NIS.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GT25 - TO4B Compressor housing with 56 trim GT35 compressor wheel. 44lbs/min air flow. .86 AR T2 exhaust housing with 76 trim GT25 turbine wheel. Good for 400+HP and bolts on to SR20DET manifolds and downpipes. Internal Wastegate.

GT30 - TO4B Compressor housing with 56 trim T04S compressor wheel. 55lbs/min air flow. .86 AR T2 exhaust housing with 84 trim GT30 turbine wheel. Good for 500+HP and bolts on to SR20DET manifolds and downpipes. Internal Wastegate.

zia

if thats the garret gt30r then they worn,t bolt directly to standard manifold and they need external wastegate.

zia

Rishi

zia said:
if thats the garret gt30r then they worn,t bolt directly to standard manifold and they need external wastegate.

zia

I'm sure GINGA runs it bolted directly onto the std manifold and with its own internal wastegate... GINGA...???

Rishi

S

SunnyGTIR

RishiGTiR said:
zia said:

zia

I'm sure GINGA runs it bolted directly onto the std manifold and with its own internal wastegate... GINGA...???

Rishi
I think he runs the JGYbb37R.

Rishi

SunnyGTIR said:
RishiGTiR said:
zia said:

zia

Rishi
I think he runs the JGYbb37R.

Yep... Thats the one I've posted the spec for above...

Rishi

GINGA

How much power are you looking for ultimately :?:
For 400bhp ish I'd say go with the turbo Ashills has (jgybb37) its good for 400bhp and is pretty much a direct fit on the standard manifold and dump pipe etc though you will need to slightly modify your old turbo oil drain flange to fit and you'll also need to make up new turbo intake piping and outlet piping :wink: but wait alittle as jgy are redesigning it for better spool up 8)
Or of course theres the HKS GTRS which needs even less mods to get it to fit :wink:
For 400bhp+ theres a endless choice really but you'll really need to change the standard manifold as it becomes restrictive above 400bhp which adds to the exspense

I think the GT25R has a 4" inlet iirc :?: which will not fit on the standard manifold without either welding the flange on the manifold at a different angle or spacing the manifold away for the head and fitting longer studs etc

Then theres whether you want to use a internally gated turbo like the jgybb37 for easier fitting or a external gate :?: which would be more costly as you'd need another manifold or the standard one modified for external use aswell as custom downpipe/screamer pipe etc