Turbo fault?

PulsarLee

Hi all,

Lately the turbo on my R dosent seem to spool up as quickly as usual. dosent make that lovely spooling up noise unless im doung over 3k reving quite hard.:?. also the recirculating dumpvalve dosent sound as loud as b4?? the car runs ok and appears to reach full boost when i accelerate med / hard..........

could the turbo be on itsway out even though it reaches whatever boost i have it set at??

any advice / thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Lee

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you changed anything else that might affect it? Air filter, exhaust component, maybe?
I'm tempted to suggest that if it ain't broken don't fix it.

P

pulsarboby

could be an underlying fault putting your ecu into limp mode and retarding the ignition
do a code check first of all to see if anything comes up that could be causing a loss in power

geoff pine

Hi all,

Lately the turbo on my R dosent seem to spool up as quickly as usual. dosent make that lovely spooling up noise unless im doung over 3k reving quite hard.:?. also the recirculating dumpvalve dosent sound as loud as b4?? the car runs ok and appears to reach full boost when i accelerate med / hard..........

could the turbo be on itsway out even though it reaches whatever boost i have it set at??

any advice / thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Lee
I thought recirculating valves where quite that's why car makers fit them as new