Turbo.....Any good??

N

Nik_GTI-R

Ok im not thinking of buying this as my standard turbo is fine.
Im just wondering if these ebay turbos are really as shit as folk say they are.What makes them so crap??

Im just thinking that 1 day i may need a new turbo.Im not after big power gains as im more than happy with the circa 300bhp its putting out so a standard t28 would be ideal.Or would it be better/cheaper to get mine rebuilt with uprated internals??

Nik

youngsyp

Generally, they are shit !

Why would you want to spend anything like that sort of money, on something that important and not have any knowledge of the companies competence or after sales back up ?

A turbo is not something to scrimp on. To make a good one, takes time, effort and expertise. If you want to save a few quid on one, get it from ATPturbo's in the US.

Paul

P

pulsarboby

youll be amazed how many people have contacted me wanting turbos after buying one of these crap copy turbos on ebay!
they will last 2 weeks at the most then its bye bye time lol

in a nutshell, dont waste your money or time!

rayman75

arent the ebay ones ment for diesels? so when you stick some serious RPM in them they just freak out because there not used to running that fast. or are they just really sh1te.

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
youll be amazed how many people have contacted me wanting turbos after buying one of these crap copy turbos on ebay!
Unfortunately Bob, I don't think I would be. :doh: :lol:

Paul

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
rayman75 said:
arent the ebay ones ment for diesels? so when you stick some serious RPM in them they just freak out because there not used to running that fast. or are they just really sh1te.

Yes most are completely unsuited for 'performance use' if you like.. Diesel turbos that will fail within around the 100miles mark...