tuning the apexi-Avcr

E

Evil_GtiR

some questions about tuning the avcr as I installedit myself.

1) For ETC , I set to 4 cyclinder, speed 2 and other one is with the Arrow pointing upwards?

2) For solenoid duty, how many percent would be appropriate? I started at 40% and up to 60% and I'm still not getting 0.9bar as i have set it to? It went to bout .6++bar only.

3)what firgure to plug in for the gear judge?

4)What figures to plug in for the start duty % for each gear?

Thanks for anyone who can help.

A

Anonymous

its taken me forver to set one up.just gotta keep on tryin im afraid til you work it out....

Jobi Joba

Evil_GtiR said:
some questions about tuning the avcr as I installedit myself.

1) For ETC , I set to 4 cyclinder, speed 2 and other one is with the Arrow pointing upwards?
Should be written in the manual.Just have to check the "speed" figure as other settings are ok.

Evil_GtiR said:
2) For solenoid duty, how many percent would be appropriate? I started at 40% and up to 60% and I'm still not getting 0.9bar as i have set it to? It went to bout .6++bar only.
Std actuator?

Evil_GtiR said:
3)what firgure to plug in for the gear judge?
The AVCR will define it itself:
drive in first gear,and,while on the gearjudge menu,click on the "next" button to make the AVCR define the figure by itself.Same for 2nd,3rd,etc...

Evil_GtiR said:
4)What figures to plug in for the start duty % for each gear?

Thanks for anyone who can help.
You decide the gear you want the AVCR to use to define the duty by itself by selecting "o" or "x" in the learning gear menu.I advise you to select 4th and 5th gear as you'll see the highest boost on these gears.

Just drive your car on highway...in 4th and 5th gear...allowing the engine to rev accross its whole range.Drive quietly,floor it,hit the limiter...10 minutes of driving is usualy enough.

Once your AVCR will have define the right duty to allow you to have approximately the boost you're targetting,you'll see "xxx" instead of a figure for the duty in the boost/duty menu.Click on the next button and you'll see what duty the AVCR has defined for all your Ne points.

Then,turn all the "o" into "x" in the learning gear menu.

Then you just drive the car...and you'll probably notice that you won't hit the boost you want when driving in 1st,2nd or 3rd gear.You'll just have to use the start duty function (set it up progressively) to have the boost you want on every gear.

I told you to use 4th and 5th gear to set up the AVCR (learning gear) as it's far more easier and safe to have +something for other gears in the start duty menu than having -something (which could be a very high figure in this case!) for 4th and 5th... :wink:

If you have any other question,feel free to ask!!

(I know AVCR/SAFC/VAFC pretty well...actually in France I'm one of the first men to have set them up correctly...so I'm pretty used to work with these lil' toys... :wink: )

A

Anonymous

have just been tryng to sort mine out.

The AVCR will not let you hit full boost UNTIL you have 100% throttle I have notced.

I am running 0.75 bar on low with a duty cycle of around 33%
High boost is 1.1 bar and duty cycle is like 48%.

seems to be happy with that but each car is different so you just have to play around and allow the unit to self learn as such.

nick