trouble fitting norris fmic

GTIRdan

i have just got a short pipe run front mount:thumbsup: but am havin trouble lowering the rad to get the pipe run to go over it, i was advised to lower the rad but cant see how:doh: any one know any how to guides you can post up or any advise, cheers

Fusion Ed

The ones I have seen cut the bottom rad mounts and make brackets to weld them a bit lower. Another one I saw also modified the front cross bar by dropping that a bit too.

Sunny-D

I cut off the lower rad mounting points, spun them 180 degrees and welded them to the round cross member. Then cut off the piece of metal that joins the round cross member to the square cross member (if that makes any sense). This will give you enough clearance to drop the rad but you will have to notch out the round cross member for the lower rad outlet. Then you'll need to lenghten the lower rad hose, i cut it half way up and joined it using a 100mm joiner from ebay (iirc its 35mm dia). I think i have some pics somewhere, if i find them i will post them tomorrow.

Trip

It is not worth the hassle to try and fit the standard radiator.

Get a custom lower radiator done. It will be an upgrade over standard and will fit without the need to cut and weld brackets.

GTIRdan

i was thinkin something along those lines, some pics wouls be good tho cheers, the other thing i just though, is there any other rads that can be fitted that are a bit shorter, or where can i get a aftermarket one from,

oh ed i will ring you on mon to get booked in for one of your nistune boards and a bit of a tune up are you still bookin for the week starting 29th?

Fusion Ed

Hi dan, diary is getting busy I'll get back to you asap. I need to order more boards too as I have run out.

chrisniss91

My first R had the nd intercooler, and tbh they had to cut the grille to pieces not sure what they did with the radiator though. It did have a very short pipe run though.

GTIRdan

nice one for the pic mate i think i am going to get a ally rad to save the hassle of cuttin and weldin wilkl post up some pics once its done thanks guys