Towing options?

warringtonjack

Given that must of us have removed the front towing eye when installing the fmic pipework, what options are left for attaching a tow rope if the worst should happen?

What have other people used in such a situation?

If the worst happened dont tow it, get a flat bed to pick it up to prevent causing any further damage to the cars running gear, diffs etc.

Not sure if they are or not to be honest, just get AA, RAC or cover through your insurance for about £100 a year MAX normally, then no probs if you break down, owning cars like this from my experience its needed to be honest, even the smallest of things gonig wrong used to mean me getting recovered so I could get it home and fix it immediatly.

This is a ain reason I sold up, got the R33 GTR which I hated, the EVO6 which was no better and then went to the Honda DC2 which was perfect.

Managed a day around brands and nothing went wrong and it carried on running for months until I sold it again without missing a beat (hense I will get another) the brakes did not even fade and I drove it harder than I did my Pulsar.

warringtonjack

Carl Hammond said:
If the worst happened dont tow it, get a flat bed to pick it up to prevent causing any further damage to the cars running gear, diffs etc.
That was what I was asking for really. I'd have no intention of towing the thing anywhere, apart from onto the back of a flat bed. In which case they need a tow point to winch the car on. So, general consensus, is to take enough tools to get the bumper off in an emergency. The front cross-member wont be available unless you take the fmic off as well. :doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it was only to go on a flat bed, just put it on backwards using the rear towing point. (Unless you're on a motorway etc:doh:)

olliecast

i`m going to have to get a front toe eye made as my front mount don`t allow it and its one of the regulations for sprinting

warringtonjack

olliecast said:
i`m going to have to get a front toe eye made as my front mount don`t allow it and its one of the regulations for sprinting
Is that right? I take it the same goes for hill-climbing etc as well. Have to get my new intercooler piperun in, and put the original back on. Erm, anyone got the original bracket and eye they dont need? :lol: