Too Slow

111mattin111

Yea I think that's where my oil is wheeping from does anyone have a pic of how it should be?

Also yep the two pipes are blocked off

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
1) Never seen that used and my car has nothing connected there and is fine.
Ditto.

2) Are those red tubes blocked off? Thats just a connection to balance the throttle bodies and if not blanked off will cause running problems.
Additionally, if you've got the PCV deletion kit installed; those will also be blocked-off with nothing attached to them.
3) Thats just a breather for the gearbox and should just have a pipe with a U shaped bend on the end attached, if you drive it hard enough you'll start chucking oil out without it.
Mine is just hooked over some hoses to hold it upright (spot it near the dump valve):

111mattin111

Cheers will get some pipe on there to stop gearbox oil weeping out

Also the black box on the front of the rocker cover from the breather(just above the manifold) can I just get rid of that and connect the breathers with one pipe?

Last edited:
It could be as simple as, do you know how to drive a 4x4 turbo?
When I first got my gti-r back in 2002 I was just about beating mondeos when i had 3 of my mates in the car, and just about holding off r5 gtt, Fiat Uno, and Rs Turbos, the local favourites back then.

I also lost to an Alfa Gtv 3.0 v6.

I thought to myself, what the fcuk, something is wrong, my car was running 246bhp back then on std boost.

My mate who worked with me back then had a 330bhp Pulsar and wiped the floor with all of them, yes he had more bhp, but he told me the trick to driving these Pulsars.
Do not drive it like a front wheel drive car, foot on the floor and rev till red line and change gear, it will bog down.

Change each time before the turbo is about to go into lag zone, so then you will always be in turbo mode.
So I think i was side stepping the clutch at launch, and changing gear at about 5.5/ 6k rpm.

Since that day I never looked back and beat almost everything on road.
I did loose to an Evo 5 pushing 500bhp, but I was not too bothered as I knew how fast they were.

So the moral of the story is drive it like a Pulsar.

johnny gtir

another benift of a rr seshion as mentioned graph shows when turbo tails off no point in holding a gear if not on boost ( moral of story buy a new turbo that boosts to red line )

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
All turbos should boost to the redline, it's just a case of how much they drop off. Mine drops off 4psi from peak boost to the redline but it's making more power at the redline than it is at peak boost.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's also an argument that says you should shift after peak power so that when you select the next gear you're back in the power band again (rather than below it).