to sell or not too sell

Murff93GTiR

Ok john that would be great aswell.the more info i have the better the chance i have of getting somewhere with it.i really want to finish it but my biggest fear is finding out i need alot more parts than what ive already bought.

STU666V

Scott,

Martyn will keep you right :)
I can come down sometime if you need a hand and the wife can do a bit of shopping? you any good at changing nappies? :) We got No 2 baby on xmas Eve ;-)

Just give me a shout if you need a hand.

Thats you got 4 or 5 offers so far so its looking good! ;-)

Murff93GTiR

Haha sounds like a plan stu my girlfriend can.take.you wife shopping and we can tinker with my R.congrats mate we had baby number one on the 17th so not very good with the nappies yet haha.
indeed it is sounding good starting to look like im gona be finishing it.

Big Daz

I am also local to you - just got my GTI-R from Bobbytune in Nov, but got plenty of experience in other cars and gaining in this one daily, so also happy to help in any way - mini meet perhaps? :-D

Daz

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The forum is your friend at times like these as many of us have been there more than once. If people can't get over, just post a photo and your question.

At the back of the engine, myself and others have simplified a lot of the pipework to make the car more maintainable. The inlet manifold comes off in 10 minutes so makes some PITA jobs easier.

The engine management might give you some fun but again I expect there are people on here familiar with Zytek.

Good luck,
Jim

STU666V

I am also local to you - just got my GTI-R from Bobbytune in Nov, but got plenty of experience in other cars and gaining in this one daily, so also happy to help in any way - mini meet perhaps? :-D

Daz
Welcome big Daz ;-)

John

Daz
Where about you from?

I would be happy to sort out some sort of mini meet if there is the interest and of course everyones car is actually running (the common issue with R's!).

Big Daz

Welcome big Daz ;-)
Lo Stu :) I can see a 2nd life on here soon ;)

Hi John,
I am in Blairgowrie, I am up for a meet, but my R (Toro) is not a road car, so I'll appear in one of my other vehilces :D - Unless you have it during a Trackday at Knckhill....

Daz

John

Lo Stu :) I can see a 2nd life on here soon ;)

Hi John,
I am in Blairgowrie, I am up for a meet, but my R (Toro) is not a road car, so I'll appear in one of my other vehilces :D - Unless you have it during a Trackday at Knckhill....

Daz
The past 2 years I have had something sorted out for the BDC at Knockhill. In 2010 I had my car on track inbetween the drifting in the 2 hour track time that was available and then last year we had a 5 car club stand.

So yeah I would expect something similar to happen again this year if there is the interest as I know from experience the hardest thing in Scotland is getting people to get together because of the huge distances involved and a lot of people not interested in taking part in certain things.