to much fuel.. or?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

hi there:eek:

my r has quite some hesitasion especially in the low range before any pressure comes on.
and from my a/f meter reads it seems that its overfueling?
it reads real rich all the way trought the rev range when under throttle... not only full throttle...
it makes pretty much flames out trought the exhaust also..
anyone had this problem before?
my ecu says 55, all ok...
with less throttle it works better, the problem/hesitasion is worst when throttle is full.

help..
:cry: Please remove your avatar in accordance with the forum rules.thanks-moderators

A

Anonymous

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
my r has quite some hesitasion especially in the low range before any pressure comes on and from my a/f meter reads it seems that its overfueling?
it reads real rich all the way trought the rev range when under throttle... not only full throttle...
it makes pretty much flames out trought the exhaust also..

with less throttle it works better, the problem/hesitasion is worst when throttle is full.
you'll find that as soon as you touch the throttle,most a/f meters will read rich :? most of them are as much use as a chocolate tea pot :wink:

it certainly sounds as if you're running rich especially with excess fuel getting burnt in the exhaust :shock:

have you changed/done anything to the car recently :?:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

welll have to say that i dont got any electronics for my fuelmap...
and i have done quite a bit to the engine so mayby its just my ecu thats remapped plenty of fuel.
even do the fuel problems is causing most problems i the low range with some stumble..

Bart GTI-R

My R is running a bit like that and I get the pretty flames out the back, I did an inspection and found a crack in the cap. Im going to replace the cap, plugs and leads and see how it is then.