To All You People With A Mocal Oil Cooler!

Shaun

:D I need help guy's :cry: Have any of you taken your thermostat out of your oilcoolers :?: ,if so could you give me a discription as to the position of all the bits,i.e.springs,collet,thermostat etc.

Cheers guy's

Shaun.

coxie

ive never stripped one but i have to ask why because if you remove the thermostat then the oil will take ages to warm up because it is flowing around the cooler permanantley as apose to just in the engine. :?

Shaun

:( This is the problem :!: The oilcooler is over cooling :!: So i have removed the thermostat,tested it and put it back,the thermostat seemed to be working,but it is still overcooling :!: So i was wondering if something was missing :!: This is the reason for asking the question :D

coxie

how do you know it is over cooling :?: what temps are you getting with it connected up :?:

Shaun

:D After warming upto 80 deg's,if i accelerate to 80mph from 50mph the temp drops off to 55-60deg's within seconds :shock: :shock: :!:

coxie

that sonds pretty similar to mine :shock: ....it takes about 10 seconds to hit below 70 degrees on the standard gauge from 80 degrees. 8)

Shaun

:( Sounds like i'm not the only one with problems then :shock: As this should not be happening :!: These temperatures are too low for the contaminents dissolved in the oil to disperse :!: Ultimatly causing premature cylinder bore wear :shock: The thermostat should operate at its pre-definend temperature :!: From reading other responces,it should be around 80 deg's,this temperature should be maintained by the thermostat i.e.if the oil go's below 80 then the stat closes until 80 degs is reached,also if the oil temp go's above 80 then the stat opens to cool the oil back down to 80 deg's :!:

C

Crazy

Shaun mate you should have said when you wre in the garage on Sunday because mine is still in the box :wink:

I do not have a digital camera so I cannot send you any pictures but you are welcome to come over and have a look at mine anytime mate 8)

coxie

took my core and braided lines off today and gave the,m a good clean out and blow through with compressed air, then re fitted it and had it all checked by my mate who works at nissan and everything is fine now...also not much different to before so everything must be ok. 8)

coxie

yes mate it maintains 80-85degrees. the gauge doesnt go below 80 unless it is switched off.

Jobi Joba

Mine is 235mm long and it's a 19 rows!!!I guess it gonna overcool!!Great for trackdays! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Shaun

Coxie said:
yes mate it maintains 80-85degrees. the gauge doesnt go below 80 unless it is switched off.
:( So its confirmed,mines a duff un :cry: Thanks for that mate :D Just gotta find out wether its faulty or wether summats missin now and put it right :!:

Cheer's guy's.