Timing Moving

P

pushermanR

Had to redo my timing again it keeps slippin at high speed runs(motorway madness type ones) the problem is the bottom bolt is fooked some previous owner has over tightend the bolt and its ruined the threads would it be safe for me to retap it with a larger thread...dont wanna damage the head!!!and i also dont want this timing slip at high speeds or something will end up going bang :shock: :shock:

K

KevShek

should be enough metal there for you to drill and retap it to the next M thread size up. Just becarefull of the depth, and you may need to enlarge the slot in the dizzy. Helicoil is a safer option thou.

P

pushermanR

You can the buy the kits for about £25 squid per nut size....are they hard to do...they dont look it!!!!

geetee

you basically drill the hole out to a slightly larger size, use the tap to cut a thread in the hole, then insert the helicoil

It's not hard at all if you have a steady hand, a drill without a wobbly chuck, and enough room to work. I've seen ppl have to mount drill bits in tap drivers to drill some holes out cos of lack of space., but even that isn't too tricky.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)