Time attack!!

gtirjoey

im not saying it couldnt happen, and i would love to see it!
trouble is there is no real gti-r scene, so there is no one pushing things forward.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
This is not a place for this discussion.

Forum Rule 5: No Slander Against Companies and Individuals
Be aware that you cannot just post what you like about companies/individuals you have issues with. In doing so, you are endangering the forum. Opinions and personal experiences are allowed but will be closely monitored. If you are unsure about your comment or have a complaint please contact a moderator who will advise you if it is suitable to post

Please take it to the PM facility before more people jump on the band wagon of slagging people off.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mad

im not saying it couldnt happen, and i would love to see it!
trouble is there is no real gti-r scene, so there is no one pushing things forward.
I know what you mean. Hopefully next year will be different. 8)

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Its a sticky situation, there are two types of people that buy the R....

1) The person that has all the dosh and spends years trying to get it at it's best and never puts it on the road.
2) The person that doesn't have endless pockets of cash but does what he/she can within his/her means to make the car better but cant afford to put it into time attack/other serious track events and pay for the 5 gearboxes it needs after every heavy track session.

We're fighting a losing battle here :lol:

ddautosports

You never no though Aimee, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel craigs car did do 16 drag runs on the same box last year.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Time Attack is just a rolling advert, nothing more nothing less.

Companies (tuners) pit their projects to see who makes the fastest car around the track (that’s not to say they are any good at what they do).

The ones that win or end up on the podium are the ones, "in the customer’s eyes" to be the most successful (so called) tuners. Then they pick up the phone on the Monday and book their car in at hefty cost. :shock:

The rest of the drivers, most are backed by/work for “tuners” in some way or form and the small minority are just doing it out of their own pocket.

Either way its no big deal; but Time Attack is not a race, its not motorsport, its just people razzing around a track with adverts all over their cars trying to flog you their services.

It’s as simple as that. ;-)

I don’t mind watching it as it entertains me for a few hours and combined with the EDC and shows makes a decent day out. Not only that its worth a few quid to catch up with mates, competitors and take the piss out of the Scooby owners stand. :lol:

If we do see a GTiR next year in TA I hope it does well and gives the other competitors a run for their money.

P

pulsarboby

Time Attack is just a rolling advert, nothing more nothing less.

Companies (tuners) pit their projects to see who makes the fastest car around the track (that’s not to say they are any good at what they do).

The ones that win or end up on the podium are the ones, "in the customer’s eyes" to be the most successful (so called) tuners. Then they pick up the phone on the Monday and book their car in at hefty cost. :shock:

Either way its no big deal; but Time Attack is not a race, its not motorsport, its just people razzing around a track with adverts all over their cars trying to flog you their services.
It’s as simple as that.

my thoughts exactly andy:thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member

I don’t mind watching it as it entertains me for a few hours and combined with the EDC and shows makes a decent day out. Not only that its worth a few quid to catch up with mates, competitors and take the piss out of the Scooby owners stand. :lol:

If we do see a GTiR next year in TA I hope it does well and gives the other competitors a run for their money.
+1 Well put.

RO_SUNNY

So the GTIR could be a mean machine of a time attacker .....but it;s all about the money in the end and no fun!!!!

Concluding anyway is the fact that all the cars inside time attack are really powerfull and most of them seem to be uncontrolable.....anyways I don't think that 800+ bhp can help you that much on the track because you will be powersliding and drifting all the time:)))

Tk1

So the GTIR could be a mean machine of a time attacker .....but it;s all about the money in the end and no fun!!!!

Concluding anyway is the fact that all the cars inside time attack are really powerfull and most of them seem to be uncontrolable.....anyways I don't think that 800+ bhp can help you that much on the track because you will be powersliding and drifting all the time:)))
olly dont seem to do a bad job controlling 850hp in the gobstopper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u2qV0Y323o&feature=related

funny looking snetterton though :lol:

the chief

Its a sticky situation, there are two types of people that buy the R....

1) The person that has all the dosh and spends years trying to get it at it's best and never puts it on the road.
2) The person that doesn't have endless pockets of cash but does what he/she can within his/her means to make the car better but cant afford to put it into time attack/other serious track events and pay for the 5 gearboxes it needs after every heavy track session.

We're fighting a losing battle here :lol:
1) rishi
2) everyone else!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
olly dont seem to do a bad job controlling 850hp in the gobstopper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u2qV0Y323o&feature=related

funny looking snetterton though :lol:
I think you could argue that a lesser man would have had trouble keeping that on the road - watch it twitch when he gets on the power and the NO2 kicks-in.
Same thing if you watch the TOTB videos, it's just understeering through all the cones.

In all fairness to Dave, he does a pretty good job keeping Craig's car straight on the strip, so maybe he could keep an 850BHP Pulsar on the track too.

gtir.si

I think you could argue that a lesser man would have had trouble keeping that on the road - watch it twitch when he gets on the power and the NO2 kicks-in.
Same thing if you watch the TOTB videos, it's just understeering through all the cones.

In all fairness to Dave, he does a pretty good job keeping Craig's car straight on the strip, so maybe he could keep an 850BHP Pulsar on the track too.
Dave could handle the track and dave`s dad can definatly handle the track as he has raced many cars and bikes on the track.even been up against the cosworth touring cars.