throttle bodies

nismoboy

Ive just been speaking with a tuner and he advised me to dump the quad throttle body set up on my pulsar in favour of a large single one has anyone heard of this before :?: What are the advantage and diadvantages
of doing this :?: also how much would it cost to do and how would u go about doing this :?: could u use an evo inlet manifold and throttle body?
opinions please,cheers nis

Uncle Winnet

when i whent to rc openday one of the guys there had done it to there gtir he said it was the way to go may be u shold give them a ring

john

A

AJ4

Personal opinion is quad throttle bodies are better than a single, they flow more air, increase torque and stop reversion pulses in the intake manifold....

I'd only use a single body if I was going for stupidly high rpm.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What bore are the standard bodies? You can get bigger throttle bodies, but not all of them can cope with turbo pressures.

R

robinsongtir

I have gone for a single throttle body conversion managed to source one from OZ which came of a Drag GTi-R the quad throttle body setu p on the gtir will become restrictive when yo start going 500+bhp but would be an advantage on cars which have big big turbos.If someone can host the pictures I will send them to post up.
My car uses the std inlet manifold bored out with a Nissan Q45 80mm throttle body as used on the RC devs EVO.If someone wants to have a look at it my car is at RC at the moment

A

antilag

yeh the quads are good for quick respose but im going single throttle its definatly the way to go above 500hp but it your not really going for big power its probably a waiste of time and money as it certainly ent a chaep mod

(enless u r peter robinson and found a bargain :roll: )

J

jonnyboy

robinsongtir (single throttle body pics)

here ya go m8 :wink: very nice :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jonnyboy said:
they should be, i can see them. try refreshing :?: :wink:

Not Found
The requested URL /albums/v57/jonnyboy/10200027.jpg was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at img.photobucket.com Port 80

:?

nismoboy

i`ll give ya £20 fo the lot :D

looks good mate so how r u gonna get that to work on a pulsar and what management system r u gonna use to run it?

so what sort of hp and torque levels are u seeking ???

will this be the first 10 second pulsar :D :?: :?:

R

robinsongtir

It will bolt straght onto the engine no probs just needs a couple of sensors of a 200zx because of using a single throttle body instead of a quad.I am going to use a powerfc pro ECU.Looking for 600+bhp dunno what torque to be honest not really intrested the car will be used as a 1/4 mile car but will probably be 450l/b+ torque at a guess