Those running 1 Bar+. Which clutch have you got?

MarkTurbo

Davey, it seems to jolt the car a bit when you bring the clutch pedal up after changing gear thats all. Could just be the way i drive though.

Also has anyone else noticed that the new type Ap organic feels a bit more on/off when pulling away than the old type one :?:

coxie

thats what i mean the clutch seems to be on or off with very limited slip at all :shock:

A

Anonymous

memski said:
Get either the ap or helix organic. The HKS cerametallic is a paddle afaik.... Anyone know how much this clutch is? It just might be what I'm looking for.
memski i got the metalic hks clutch and cover got it about 2 years ago think it was about £500 from hiteq diliverd to my door. spec i had was:-
hks induction kit
hks downpipe
scorpion zorst in cat replace pipe
unichip mapped with erl water injection boost set at 1 bar permanant(with topmount standard intercooler)

never had one problem with the clutch, is a bugger to drive in slow moving traffic but when moving/launching superb!
shiftycg

M

memski

Thanks mate, I will get either this or the helix paddle. Currently the helix organic will handle ~330odd but slips when launched. Car is going to be a weekend car once I get the diesel sorted so it doesn't matter if it judders in traffic or not :D Thanks again.

daz

i have an ap racing organic in mine running 1.2 bar on high boost the only thing is that its heavy in traffic and seems a bit juddery at low revs but apart from that seems fine we will just see how long it lasts as its virtually new from rebuild :)

daz

i have an ap racing organic in mine running 1.2 bar on high boost the only thing is that its heavy in traffic and seems a bit juddery at low revs but apart from that seems fine we will just see how long it lasts as its virtually new from rebuild :)

daz

and yes the ap organic is very on off and the initial biting point is very low down

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Running 1.3bar... HKS Ceramic Paddle Clutch with HKS Clutch Cover... Been perfect so far... 6months and counting...

Rishi

O

Olly

Got the 1st AP organic seems to be holding 1.3 just fine been in over a year now, when given big nanna makes a interesting grippy noise when change 1st to 2nd hard and fast. 8) :lol:

M

Mart

memski said:
Currently the helix organic will handle ~330odd but slips when launched
Really? a Pod launch or an off the line with a scooby?

M

memski

Rev limited launch control, with 0.3bar already built up, tried 6000rpm at first and it didn't even move, went to limiter and had lots of clutch smell. Now kept at 4000 and it still slips. Don't bother with it anymore, no slip on boost with around 330bhp/300lbs.