Those running 1 Bar+. Which clutch have you got?

Davey

As above really, i know everyone with 1 bar runs an ap or helix, but want to hear from peeps running more power/boost, ie 1.2, not interested in mega power. Standrad clutch has done me well, but isnt going to last much longer
Cheers, Dave :D

E

Edd

Os giken twin plate ;)

pm me if you want me to not reccomend a clutch incase u hadn't heard :roll:

M

memski

My helix has lasted well, 18months at the last count (at 1bar for a year and 1.4 for 6months). Hasn't slipped at all unless I use the launch control (boost at a standstill) - that's the only thing I can see wrecking it :cry:

Keira

Helix at the mo, running 1.3 bar tops.

Mainly run 1.1 bar but hasn;t been at that for long so the jury is still out, cant foresee any problems though.

coxie

i've been running an ap racing clutch for one year @1.3 bar...no sign of giving up the ghost yet :p .although it is a bit harsh in town between first and second. :evil:

S

str_motorsport

i have been running an ap paddle for a year now at 1,2 bar boost, and i am very happy with it.a bit juddery , but i like it!after bedding in it is a lot better!!!i don't know about the lasting, but i hope it will last!!!

M

Mart

Is running a helix very heavy compaired with a standard one, or just a little bit but worth it?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
HKS cerimetalic paddle fitted by Hiteq, previously had a HKS Organic which gave up the ghost after 18 months. So I kept and re-used the HKS cover and put in a new HKS cerimetalic plate. Works perfect 8)

turblio

I run an organic Helix with uprated cover @ 1.5bar high boost and it
hasn't slipped, apart from when brand new (they need to bed in)
it has been in there now for about 6 months and it has not had an easy life
Frank

skiddusmarkus

Having your flywheel skimmed will help your clutch bed in and stop it slipping.
I drove on my helix paddle for 3 weeks and it bedded in quickly and wasn't too heavy in traffic.

Davey

Cheers boys, so as far as i can see, it's either an ap, helix, or hks ceramatallic. Dont want a paddle, cos they're difficult to drive. Which is the hardest/easiest to drive out of the above 3? Anyone had bad experiences with any of them?
Cheers :D

M

memski

Get either the ap or helix organic. The HKS cerametallic is a paddle afaik.... Anyone know how much this clutch is? It just might be what I'm looking for.

J

J-GTi-R

I've driven two AP organic equiped cars (both the old and new kit) and they are quite a lot heavier than standard. I have the Helix organic in mine and it's just a bit more springy than standard, not really heavier.

MarkTurbo

J-GTi-R said:
I've driven two AP organic equiped cars (both the old and new kit) and they are quite a lot heavier than standard.
I've had both the new and old Ap organic kit in my car in the last year because part of the cover plate decided to break up on the old type one :evil: :evil: (fitted the new type one 5 weeks ago) They're both heavy, but the new one feels heavier than the old one.

Coxie, which Ap have you got? Organic or paddle? Cos mine seems quite harsh between gears too.

GINGA

I've had the ap organic in mine for about 14 months now and done many drag starts (40+) with upto 1.4bar plus 50bhp nos and now running 1.8 bar and 50bhp nos and it still seems to be holding up fine 8)

N

N1SMO

I am running 1.7bar with a quarter master cluch been going strong for well over a year now although the gearbox is making noises on deceleration now.

Davey

Reckon it might be a helix then, have heard of a few AP's breaking, and really dont want a heavy clutch(ive only got little legs) :D
What do you guy's mean, when you say it is Harsh between gears?

coxie

markturbo it is an ap paddle and it is heavy to operate. also when setting off it judders in operation until its bit and going in to second from first or when slowing down from third to second it judders..... :evil: .....but it is holding up well even after some dump the clutch at high rev starts and lots of abuse :twisted: :twisted: . from what i read before buying an R the clutches were awful even modded ones at coping with the power..this is not the case so far :wink: