Thinking of a re-spray

A

another sunny

What in every ones opinion is the best colour to re-spray my 94 black R. When buying my first R i nearly got a silver one, stupidly i bought a black one like every body else. At the time (1996) people didnt change the colour as they were still quite new. 11 years later and on my 2nd R ,and as it needs to visit a paint shop for a few repairs i thought i will change the colour...so what should i go for?

MORF114

What kind of paintjob do you want ? expensive or normal ?

Standox,glasurit,dupont,house of kolour and ppg all do specialty paints, kandy's, cameleons,chromes etc ppg do a very nice colour called rattlesnake i think, green and red flip cameleon thats expensive.
Glasurit have a 9190 which is a very fine silver which is silver and not grey and when sprayed correctly can look like chrome (but is very hard to do) standox also have one of these colours although ive never used it.
you can go your 3 layer pearls which are shite and look shite.
high solid colours or base/clear colours
I could take a picture of about 10,000 colours for you tomorrow and you would have absolutely no idea which one you'd like .

If i were you id spend your money on getting the body lines as straight as possible and paint it black so when you look down the side its like glass with no ripples atall cars like that in black are hard to come by even from the factory cars come with ripples down them make your panelshop be proud of what they have to do, if the car is black they will try make it as straight as possible to please the customer and themselves unless they are shit at their job. where as if it were white *they would not try as hard because white hides so many imperfections.
Plus black looks absolutely stunning when polished to a high gloss.

*my observations over 11 years for wite and black resprays.

chiefpulsar

bayside blue - isnt that a niisan R34 GTR colour?

if you like blue i would either go for bayside blue as it is a nice colour or figi blue as that is a lovely colour as i sprayed my mates land rover/ bowler wildcat and it looks stunning when polished!!!!

turbodaily

bayside blue has been done so many times now though.

are you planning on getting a proper job ie engine out and engine bay sprayed??

P

pulsarboby

there was recently a lovely cherry red one on ebay for sale (cant remember what the exact colour was) but it looked stunning, if i ever resprayed mine it would be that colour for sure.

P

pulsarboby

thats the kiddie:thumbsup:candy apple red! anyone find the link to that car?

P

pulsarboby

that wasnt the car i was thinking of, but the colour looks the same or very similar.
very nice indeedy, looks gorgeous with either off white or bronze/gold wheels.

well found mr morfy

P

pulsarboby

[quote

there was a pulsar on ebay that looked very similar and it looked :doh: :doh: :doh:[/quote]

was stunning:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: