the clutch?

mohsan

I have been told that the standard clutch is pants,how much power can it handle as I will like to uprate it,but would like to know whether their is a caertain limit that will allow me to get away without changing the standard clutch?
Also if i do have to change it,what is the best clutch?

paz

From what I've read I believe that the majority of standard clutches won't take over around 290ish brake with hard driving for a sustained period of time. Others may correct me because I'm reasonably new to this lark.

As for uprated clutches, I wouldn't know what to suggest, sure the others can help out though.

Paz

J

Jon T

The standard will last about one month after you increase the boost to one bar, if you actually drive the car with intent.

That's about 280bhp with a filter and exhaust. I have an AP Racing organic clutch and I think it's better for the gearbox if you use a less instant one such as this rather than a paddle. There's a little bit of give on the organic so your gears don't get bashed 100%.

But it's lasted over a year on my car and still going, which is about 320bhp.

Davey

Standard clutch is pretty strong, as long as it hasnt been abused to much, will take 1 bar, but not for ever, there are people who've done a couple of 1/4 miles on a standard clutch, they do stink a bit afterwards though :shock: :wink:

Mr GTiR

A clutch will last quite a bit if it's treated with care.

I have heard of people who put an exhaust and filter and their clutch starts to slip but then again i have run mine on 1.2 bar and the clutch has just about lasted (ish....)

Treat it with care and it will last as long as well as it's treated (if that makes sense :? )

Get an organic if you want your box to last :wink: I've gone for a Helix Racing Organic. Quite a few people on here use it for 1/4 mile launches and it seems to coupe quite well.

I think it's just a matter of peoples different drving styles which will determine the life span of a clutch (also boost level as well :p )

Regards
Andy

A

Anonymous

Mine went at 240Bhp, standard boost so i'm uprating to a helix organic and putting in a lightened flywheel as it cost so much to change the clutch i might aswell.

I'd recomend the helix as it has the highest torque ratings for an organic, you could get a paddle but then run the risk of shredding gears (expensive :cry: )

A

Anonymous

I'm running just shy of 290bhp at the moment and i've only noticed the clutch slipping on one day :?

I don't launch the car and i try not to give it harsh gear changes. I wanna prolong it's life as long as possible. Gonna get a helix organic when it snuffs it 8)