temperature gauge flickering

rams_pulsar

my temp gauge is always jumping around when going over about 40mph on a anything but smooth road it never moves above halfway but flickers all the time...anyone had this same trouble if so how did you fix it???
thanks

gtirx2

I had this once and it was the terminal bit on top of the sencor had come loose, and was moving about giving flickery readings.Think i tapped the top of it back down to pinch it down and stop the terminal bit from flapping about.Its the sencor with the single spade type connecter on top of it iirc.

STU666V

Yes, i had the same problem,
Remove the terminal and give it a clean and make sure it's tight going back on. (temp sensor that is!)

STU666V

Not 100% until i go back out and look? temp sensor is on driver side just below the inlet manifold nr brake master cylinder. Will check.

Last edited:

rams_pulsar

cheers matey yes it is thats right bob form gti-r-us helped me today!..cheers mate!.....found that the wire was very loose and the connector didn't feel 'connected' so i gave it a push on and it seems to be better now

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mad

rams_pulsar said:
cheers matey yes it is thats right bob form gti-r-us helped me today!..cheers mate!.....found that the wire was very loose and the connector didn't feel 'connected' so i gave it a push on and it seems to be better now

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
superbob to the rescue :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

lol wont find a cape big enough for my fat gutt:lol: :lol: and speedos are a big no no, just a thong that goes right up your crack would be much better suited i reckon

P

pulsarboby

yep i have to agree with you there it is a good likeness, maybe a smaller bulge in the underwear department though:lol: