TB2860 any good for a Gtir?

wrc

Got the chance to buy one of these, I'm hoping it will be a good little upgrade for my standard turbo?

Currently fitted to a 200sx but as far as I'm aware the ccompressor housing just needs rotating to fit on a Gtir. It's essentially a hybrid stock t28 that is now carries the title of a tb2860 - can anyone shed any light?

Cheers guys!!

ashills

googling it says its a ebay turbo by the looks of it but maybe wrong

tread carefully some 200sx turbo make less power than the stock gtir one

williams

How can a 200sx turbo fit a gtir? It will bolt up but comp housin won't exit in right place? And if you rotate it it will just point down and actuator bracket won't line up.

wrc

The compressor housing will still point upwards, as at the moment it's upwards facing as well. Has its own actuator setup too so shouldn't matter. Just wondering if you guys think it's a worth while investment as its quite well priced too. All I know it it's an s14 turbo technics hybrid, they call it a tb2860 from their website.

WEEGAZ22

I know guys on the SXOC fit GTI-R turbo's to S13 and S14s as an upgrade, they were able to fit them using the actuator brackets swapped about and the comp housings rotated iirc.

with it not being a Nissan oem unit and being a hybrid that might mean an extra bit of bodgery/fab work to get things fitting right but probably nothing too complicated.

wrc

Well I have basic turbo knowledge but when it comes to trim size, .60 this and .86 that I'm lost. I know a Gtir uses a tb2804 as standard so was 'hoping' a tb2860 would be a cheeky little upgrade.

wrc

Been researching most of tonight and found its basically just a stock 200sx turbo with a 360 ddegree bearing :( not really worth the hassle!

wrc

Can anyone enlighten me as to what sort of power I could expect from a turbo of the below spec?

Compressor trim: 70 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 59.00 / 73.05
Turbine wheel diameter : 47.05 / 54.50
Exhaust trim: .86ar

Cheers guys, just trying to make up my mind on what to do turbo wise.

M

markwashington

What sort of power are you looking for, and what will you be using the car for (track, road, daily driver etc) as this will decide the type of turbo you should buy. As a rule, I'd say up to 330bhp standard or uprated T28, 330-400 2871R, 400-500 3071R or 3076 for a bit more.