tapatalk

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've not tried it but I've not had a need for it either. Admin can comment (I'm only a mod) but I know they have a time consuming enough job keeping the basic forum going without extra complications.

Edit: Just noticed it's a $999 licence fee. Being honest it looks like a non-starter. This is a voluntary site with voluntary subscription so unless we see 60 paid subscribers say they need this then I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:
M

markwashington

i use the site everyday on my iphone.. works great without taptalk.
Me too, I don't see any need for too many changes, especially ones that would cost money for the club, there are scarcely enough paid members as is.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I find this is pretty low bandwidth already; no advertising alows us to run pretty lean, and there's no fancy graphics to load with each page or flash which isn't compatible with Apple products.

Mad

I find using this site on my iphone a pain in the ass when always having to enlarge or reduce page sizes so I can either click or view something.

Also, when you type a message from an iphone, when you reach a certain number of words, they go of the screen so you cannot see if you have made any errors or not.

Seeing as it is free, a mobile phone skin is a very worthwhile investment and will make using the site from a mobile a lot easier :)

danr

i thought tapatalk is free to install on forums. the app to use tapatalk costs the money. ~£1.99

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I don't know, I just followed the link and that's what I saw. PLease correct me if I got it wrong

gtir350

The forum plugin is free. Just installed on a forum I run.

Makes viewing latest posts easy and very low bandwidth.
Dave

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
works fine on my Desire HD

but as long as it doesn't effect anything else, I'll have a look at installing it over the weekend.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
is that a touch of attitude I sense ................I didn't realise it was that urgent, I'm still looking in to it

M

markwashington

is that a touch of attitude I sense ................I didn't realise it was that urgent, I'm still looking in to it
Keep looking Steve, Perhaps it should be a resource that's only available to paid up members :-D