suspension gaiters!

littlewimp

i'm looking for some new strut gaiters so i can get my suspension built up, anyone no were i can buy them. thanks Neil.

Mr B

i'm looking for some new strut gaiters so i can get my suspension built up, anyone no were i can buy them. thanks Neil.
Standard style struts or coil overs !
If standard-GAB-KYB you should be able find suitable boots from local motor factors as KYB do boot kits in pairs & if not listed for GTiR easy enough matched especially if you got an old one for some basic measurement or strut for a test fit (KYB913138 being one look at first, works out around £7 a boot)
If coilover you may want try supplier for spares or likes of rally nuts etc.

Last edited:

littlewimp

Thanks i will pop into my motor factors and ask the question, i did have a brainwave earlier and dug out some old struts but these were all perished or missing. i'm sure i will sort something eventually. Thanks Neil.

littlewimp

Still after a pair of rear gaitors if anyone can help, i bought a set of powerflex universal but they wont fit over the body of the strut as they are to small on the diameter. Cheers NEIL.

littlewimp

Thanks doc , i did think the very same thing, but i might be struggling with the diameter, i will pop and see a mate of mine tomorrow and measure the ones up on his old crosser. Thanks Neil.

Mr B

KYB913138 or Monroe PK036, they fit over 50mm strut bodies & used the Monroe on set of GABs that needed a refresh, fit front or back 50mm body struts. KYB has huge range & probably easily found UK region.

Last edited:

littlewimp

Thanks mr B, i went into my local motor factors and by luck they stock kyb , so i managed to get an almost indentical set for £15 i think he said that they were for a mk 5 golf and they measure nearly 60mm as did my originals, i did speak with a guy who told me he would have to get them from germany and they would cost me £45 +vat + p&p, so i'm well pleased. i will get the part number and post it on here for future reference. Thanks everyone for your input . Cheers Neil.

Mr B

Thanks mr B, i went into my local motor factors and by luck they stock kyb , so i managed to get an almost indentical set for £15 i think he said that they were for a mk 5 golf and they measure nearly 60mm as did my originals, i did speak with a guy who told me he would have to get them from germany and they would cost me £45 +vat + p&p, so i'm well pleased. i will get the part number and post it on here for future reference. Thanks everyone for your input . Cheers Neil.
Yes they cover huge range of shocks so no big problem if do not have the exact kit for nissan range, sometimes only difference in some is spec of bump stop.
KYB tends be the cheapest but at least 5 other parts brands doing them so easily available & cheap.