Stupid clutch

abyss

Just now i have rps streetmax but its bent the fork to cut a long story short im getting rid of the clutch and getting a helix as i cant be arsed with having to replace the fork every 5 mintues. Anyone know where to get one from.

abyss

my fork was brand new to give you an idea they are cracking clutches when doing 1/4 no slipping at all. But im changing over to something else.

Anyone have the part no for release bearing fork as ive lost it.

MATTYGREEN

rossdj1983 said:
bugger just put a brand new rps in mine, are they that bad on the forks?

I've got one being fitted on Monday :) fitting new fork and uprated fork pivot at the same time.

FastGuy and and few others are also using them and havn't had any problems :)

Keira

the best thing to do with the fork before you put it in is get some reinforcement welded to the back of it where it pivots, a big steel washer will do, and then weld the bejesus out of it :lol:

problem solved

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
creedy said:
just weld a bar inside the fork, to make it stronger.
As the man says, just do that.

I welded a plate on the fork and so far so good - it’s been 6 months of road driving, trackdays and launches and not a problem.
;-)

G

GTI-R Kid

How can you tell (without taking apart everything) that the fork has been bent? Ours is gone really strange and I'm trying to figure out if its the master, slave or now the fork thats gone wrong.

creedy

you can remove the rubber boot around the fork, and with a torch you should be able to tell if its bent or not