stupid clifford alarm

G

gagge

well I like that valet mode.. will use it until I can get this shit alarm taken out and burned...

Correct me if Im wrong now. The alarm has to be connected to the car battery in some way, If I find the connection and remove it from the car battery and then change battery without connecting the alarm again I should be able to disable the alarm completly.
Or does clifford use a separate battery of something?

Cheers guys

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The clifford connects to the car battery for it's supply but the siren has its own battery so if you cut the power to the alarm the siren will still sound. As far as I know the alarm unit doesn't have a seperate battery.

G

gagge

so the decission is: either I let the siren go off until it actually dies... or I locate the siren and take it out followed by jumping on it until its crushed while my friend films it..

G

gagge

I havent tried it yet... its like minus 10 degrees and snow everywhere so Im kind of lazy.. will go out and try in a couple of hours..

G

gagge

Okey, I tested the valet mode and its seems Im able to drive the car now without the alarm going off.
However when I turn the engine off and step out of the car it takes some while and then the alarm turns on again. I dont understand why as I dont lock the doors with the remote control. I just turn the engine off and step out of the car.

So I tryed another method, shutting the car off and stepping out and then locking the doors with the remote. Okey doors locked but still after a while the alarm goes off again.

i dont f*ckin understand, how the hell should I do so that the alarm doesnt go off when I leave the car !!! ???

kirko

i know its an old thread and you've probably trashed the siren by now
but if you get the cliffnet wizard you can alter settings and reprogramme your clifford with a laptop and i presume the problems or faults will show up then :)