stupid clifford alarm

G

gagge

Hello
Ive got a clifford 600 series alarm that bugs the hell out of me.
the alarm is designed so that I need to enter this 4 digit code via a unit attached close to the key hole for the ignition

However my car has been unstarted for like 5 months so the battery is dead, today I jumpstarted the car with the help of another.

However the alarm went of and didnt want to stop, I pressed the code but it didnt help. the car shut down and the battery was once again dead as the varning lights didnt go off and the turbo timer died.
But STILL the damn alarm kept going, finally after 10 min it started to sounds lower and lower until it finally stopped.

Now the question is, why did it go off and how do I get it silent, is it hard to just break it down as I dont find this alarm any good.

Cheers guys

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try inputting the factory code (printed on the back of the manual?) it may have lost it's settings after a few months of being flat? :?

It possibly went off because the anti black jack kicked in?

G

gagge

thanks for the tip but Ive always pressed the original code as it has never been changed from factory (that is the number printed on the back of the manual)

anti black jack, whats that ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
1)OK

2) Anti black jack (if I've got the name right :oops: ) is a feature on some Clifford alarms that stops the engine when it's running the next time the break pedal is pressed after it senses a door has opened (ie someone might be trying to steal the car off you)

G

gagge

okey I see...
smart thing but the problem remains, how do I get the alarm to stay quite after something like that? I tried to press the code but as the battery was dead the actual "LED" light where you see if you have pressed the code right was also dead... Strange thing, I think im going to buy a new battery and try it with that to see if I can get it to work the proper way.

thanks for the info fastguy..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think the black jack also requires you to put the code in within 30secs of start up as well. ( I don't realy use it, so I've forgot :oops: )

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i hate clifford alarms :x would never buy another. no probs with the toad.

i take it this doesnt have a valet mode? i'd just get it ripped out and fit a new alarm, but im a bit impatient and get pissed off when thins like this happen

Mr GTiR

Was the car battery disconnected or just left to die over time?

Also, was the alram active on the car or in 'valet' mode?

G

gagge

the battery just died out of time...
dont know about the alarm part if it was active or not.

All I know is we connected the car to another, turned the key a bit so that I could press the code which I did and all seemed fine, then I started the car and we disconnected it from the other, then just as I was about to start drive it, the car made a pip noise, and like 10-20 sec after that the car just died and the alarm went off.

ki_saj_ng

i have the concept 650. i know it can be a little awkward at times but it is a good piece of kit.

once the cars running you should be able to insert the code even if the alarm starts going.

if it cuts your engine out (which it should) just turn the key so that ign is on and the either press the alarm button on the fob (this should shut it up) and then enter the code.

if all this doesnt work, pull out the manual and it explains in a couple steps how to RESET the whole thing (this will definately sort it out :wink: )

saj 8)

G

gagge

yeah... the problem is as my batteries were really bad as soon as the clifford shut the ignition of the whole car died, well everything accept the actual sound from the damn alarm. As the whole car died it wasnt possible to press any buttons on the control thingy.

Im going out in an hour or so to try it again... Ill get back with info.

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Get a new battery. :wink:

I had a similar problem with my alarm just before xmas. Tried all sorts then a new battery and all was good. :D

Bry :D

G

gagge

Okey now Im just pissed...

started the car today agin... alarm started going off, pressed my code and it shut up.. after pressing the code you are supposted to press 2 buttons at the same time on the remote control so the code is confirmed I guess. However nothing happened when I did this.
So the alarm was quite for like 20 seconds then started to go off again, i pressed the code once more and it shut up.. but still I wasnt able to confim the damn thing as nothing happens when I press the two buttons on the remote. the warning blinkers are supposted to light up so you now you have confirmed it.

Anyone know how to fix this or any tips on how to just disable the whole thing ??

cojack

this may sound stupid but did you shut the bonnet before putting in the code. has this trouble with mine when i jumped started mine.

make sure all the doors and the bonnet are closed properly and try putting in the code again :D

Mr GTiR

Each time you open the door the Blackjax resets itself.

Are you opening the door each time you have punched in the code?

c20ona

yeah, you'd be better shutting off the blackjax. + It invalidates the thatcham 1 as well.
Also, make sure you've not got water on the door / hood pins etc that connect to the alarm as this always causes false alerts.

kenny

G

gagge

Ive read the manual now and I just have a couple of questions.
This valet mode, I dont really get what it is, maybe someone could explain, also is it possible to disable the whole alarm system in any way, that is to shut the whole thing down?

paz

If you've got the blackjax anti hijack with the two buttons on the dash somewhere, what you need to do is when you start the car, enter the code as you normally would do, but on pressing the last key instead of pressing and releasing, press and hold in. Eventually (say 10 seconds for arguments sake) you can release the button and the indicator light will stay on. The blackjax is now in valet mode and won't prompt you to enter the code everytime you get in/out of the car.

Remember though, you have to enter you code as normal and hold the last button - not just press and hold any button at random.

Hope this helps.

Paz

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You can turn blackjack off, it should tell you in the manual how to do it.
Valet mode is just a way of temporarily disabling the alarm, so you can wash the car for example without setting the alarm off 20times.