Stuck In Gear

GTiR_Mic

Right folks need your help here, dropped a guy off from work and on the way home came to a roundabout and tried to change gear and nothing happened. The stupid cow is now stuck in 4th gear, is this new gear box time or is it fixable.

Cheers Michael

Cheers for the hand to get it home Dave

mattygti-r

selector fork?,

clutch gone? what clutch you got? when replaced?

linkages under the car? come loose?

fluid levels ok in both gearbox and clutch?

MarkTurbo

Does the clutch feel ok? Did anything happen before it got stuck in 4th?

When my first geaarbox broke it ended up stuck in 4th :cry: It was a right bitch to pull away, but i managed it :wink: With lots of clutch slip :lol:

GTiR_Mic

It is a brand new clutch that is in it (ADL Blueprint). It does go but you get a lot of burning clutch to go with it. Im not to suer about the gearbox fluid level. I have a spare gearbox for it.

Best bet to put that gear box in??

Michael

MarkTurbo

Mic_SR said:
I have a spare gearbox for it.

Best bet to put that gear box in??
Have you checked that the slave cylinder is operating the clutch release fork fully?

It might not necessarily be the box. Even if its not the clutch master/slave cylinders it could be the clutch itself :?: Even brand new ones have problems sometimes :?

T

Tart

MarkTurbo said:
Have you checked that the slave cylinder is operating the clutch release fork fully?
Woz just goint to say that, if it sticks u get very little clutch which would explain the burning. woz the biting point getting nearer to the ground before it happened.....???

If u still got pressure on the pedal its unlikely to be fluid but slave sticking causes this exact prob!!!!

kyepan

when my clutch pedal box snapped it was also stuck in gear. so there u might want to check the box for metal fatigue too.

T

Tart

kyepan said:
when my clutch pedal box snapped it was also stuck in gear. so there u might want to check the box for metal fatigue too.
U can reach the clutch??? thought u had a "special" car!!! :lol:

GTIR1000

my gearbox got stuck in 4th gear about three weeks ago however the gear stick was still in the netural postion yet it was in forth it has been at the garage scince getting sorted it was a mixture of things selectors and other small bits best bet put your other box in mate it is costing me a fortune