Strange noise after changing gear

geetee

OK... the R has started making a strange noise after changing gear.

It does this in 2nd and 3rd.

Change gear and as I get back on the gas, after 2 - 3 seconds there is a noise like metal plates rubbing against each other. Not really loud and not graunchy. It lasts for about 3 seconds.

If I change gear and don't accelerate at all, there is no noise until I do eventually accelerate - then the damn noise.

I've also noticed when slowing down in 2nd or 3rd at about 2500 - 3000 rpm it sometimes make the same noise.

I'm kind of thinking front diff?????? But I really have no idea.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

MarkTurbo

Hard to tell what it is really, but i'd have thought if it only makes the noise in certain gears then it must be a problem with the box :?

geetee

It MAY make it in other gears, but 1st comes and goes too quick and in 4th and 5th the road noise would probably drown it out....

One answer I guess is to wait for it to develop (i.e. wait for it to break) then I'll know :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

BTT ^^

anyone?

Do i wait for something to break or pull it all apart to find the culprit!

Bear in mind I use the R to get to work - 400 miles a week :?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

P

pushermanR

I think i got the same thing going on in my car...

When acelerating hard it makes like a whirl sound from around the box area and then when i change gear i get this kind of a spinnin disc braking to a halt sound!!!!!Not sure wot kind of clutch is in my Pulsar!!!!!Not sure if some clutches can be noisy in these cars....

Like you i need ideas for wot it could be!!!!!! :? :? :?