STP Injector Cleaner

G

GTI-R

Anybody that has an 'R for a few years will know that me and STP Injector Cleaner go back years :wink: .

I've used it on a number of occasions and have notice incredible improvements when using it.

My latest story was after purchasing an STP Fuel System pack, comprise of Injector Cleaner and Fuel Cleaner. Ran each one individually with a full tank of fuel.

As usual, as my car does not get the opportunity for full throttle runs, the cleaners took a few miles and one extra tank-full of fuel to get to work.

So while it was cleaning what did I experience?

Lumpy idle as normal, like a rally car - with smoke out of the exhaust at tick-over.

But this time an extra treat of engine temps dropping right down to the C mark while the cleaner was really getting to work. When the engine temps dropped down the car was hesitating and misfiring at about 3K with black smoke coming out the exhaust.

This is my usual experience experience with STP apart from the engine temp dropping significantly.

I have always noticed a huge improvement if turbo spool and torque when using this as my injectors tend to get clogged up while driving at 35mph most of the time - with no big motorway runs to clean it out.

At about £7 for the pack its a worth-while treatment for anyone whose cae spends alot of its time at city speeds rather than getting a good ole spanking :cry: :wink:

GINGA

Becareful while driving with injector cleaner in your fuel as it effectively makes the octane rating alot lower and will det alot at high load/boost