Stop intercooler pipe blowing off

Lionel

Hi all,

After haveing a chat to one of the members on the forum 2day about intercooler pipeing blowing off under load i thort id shair with you someing iv found.

Its been around for ages and i cant see why more poeple dont use it i for one will be doing this on my R as the silicone pipe on the kits like the ebay ones arent all that good.

This one is made in the US by a company called Vibrant performance as you can see it very simple to do and you could do this at home for cheep just think no more stopping on the side of the road or pulling off track coz you intercooler pipe has blow off:doh:

Note from Vibrant performance:

- Vibrant's new Quick Release Boost Brace allows for ultra secure, worry free joining of intercooler piping. They are like an insurance policy to ensure that your I/C piping never blows off from the silicone connectors ever again.

- No tools are required to release the brace from the mounting tabs that you weld to your intercooler pipes.

- Length can be adjusted.

this is what it looks like.

Hope this help some of you out there :thumbsup:
Lionel.

Lionel

it sites over the top of your silicone pipes where the to metal pipes meet and stops them pulling apart when the intercooler pipes blow

Keira

people have been doing the same with 2 lugs and a thin bit of flat plate for roughly the last 2 thousand years :lol:

Lionel

i did say "Its been around for ages " and im just showing people that dont no not every ones on the same page dude

Last edited:

Keira

i've just bothered to have a look at how much they sell them for :lol:

there must be plenty of people not on the same page if they actually sell any of those things

Keira

Lionel said:
But like i said it can be done for cheep
no you didn't :lol:

lets say your average intercooler kit has 6 seperate ends that require joining, thats over £120 spent on those things.

if people didn't use the shitty clips that came with those ebay kits theres not many people on here that should have any issues with blowing hoses

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I just bought a pipe swager for £200 that amounst other things can put a good deep swage (rim) around the end of any pipe that needs to be joined.

I could do a whole IC set for a tenner.

Lionel

Ok for one im not saying u all should go out and by this product i was just showing the poeple that have problems with there pipe work this is a way around it like i Said "it can be done for cheep":roll: :roll:

steves right you could problem makes this for £10.00

Last edited:

Keira

Lionel said:
like i Said "it can be dont for ":roll: :roll:
that makes about as much sense as spending over £120 to stop your hoses blowing off instead of buying some decent clips :lol:

carlengerer

A good setup shouldnt have pipes blowing off should they?? how many high boost engine bays ive seen and I have never seen braces before...