Stock ECU Launch control.

gtirjoey

yes mate its three years old and way past its sell by date anyway lol....
when shall i pop up then mate...

gtirjoey

right i will get it on it tomorrow and stop being lazy, im torn between trying to sort my car and my bike so im not getting alot done.
all going well i will call you tomorrow to book her in

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'd like to chase this up and see if anything was finalised?

Also Ed, would it be possible to add an additional (switch-able) rev/speed limit?

For example a pit limiter, which when I enter a pit lane I can activate it with a switch and trundle along (say with my foot to the floor) but not exceed a specific speed, then once out of the pit flick the switch to "off mode" and the car will then accelerate like normal?

Fusion Ed

If you use a multiple rom board not a nistune then yes, you can have several limits etc. Also. the launch control seems to be working fine. I still need to try more real life tests. I have one out in the wild and feedback was good :)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If you use a multiple rom board not a nistune then yes, you can have several limits etc. Also. the launch control seems to be working fine. I still need to try more real life tests. I have one out in the wild and feedback was good :)
Nah, it'll be a single ROM/Nistune system.

Is it possible to run two Nistune system in one ECU motherboard i.e switch able maps?

Fusion Ed

No. I dont see the issue though as after its mapped nistune offers no advantage to a traditional rom board?

sypher

Ed, once you get this finalised / refined, how much would you charge for programmed EPROMs delivered to Edinburgh....... I may buy another R in a few months IF my job is stable enough..

Fusion Ed

No. No track times at all yet. I'm more than happy to meet up with someone at SP one day to test this out if they are willing to take the risk with gearbox failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fusion Ed

And I took it and tested it in the 'wild', plus made some changes and had it integrated in to nistune for example. It takes time to test/write/program this stuff in the real world. _THATS_ what I charge for, my time isn't free. As it happens _very very_ few (three) cars have this fitted due to the fact its a 'toy' and the potential problems such a thing could cause if miss-used. Anyone here will testify to this if they have asked me about it in the past.

So before you get you're nappy in a twist about people 'profiting' from your code, consider the fact that when we discussed I gave you a base map incredibly cheap and answered many questions of yours in part exchange for this code, for which you never gave _any_ conditions as to how or otherwise it could be used.

Thanks