Stock ECU Launch control.

Fusion Ed

Just thought I would mention that I can now add Launch control to the stock ecu, should this interest anyone.

:)

Ed

Fusion Ed

It works on vehicle speed so say under X mph if you floor it it has a lower rev limit, pulls ignition and makes boost, drop the clutch and once your above 15mph (which lets face it is damn fast) it turns off.

Fusion Ed

No problem.

Jonsey, I'm undecided on prices yet. Probably free optional upgrade for existing customers wanting a remap and £+50 on top of a normal remap/upgrade for new ones.

MarkTurbo

I assume you need the nistune daughterboard and software fitted to have this function added?

Can the lower rev limit be set at whatever you want?

Fusion Ed

No, I can probably add this to whatever rom board you have, but it does have to be on a rom board or such like.

Yes the limits can be set to whatever I set them to.

olliecast

ed would this be something that you could put on if i sent my ecu to you?

can it be turned on and off? would it be necessary?

Cheers,
ollie

Fusion Ed

Well I'm looking at ways to turn this on and off. One option is with a dual map rom board. One normal map and the other launch control. This seems the easiest option. I need to actually have a play with this in a proper working pulsar rather than a half dead one in the workshop (lol) It may be that it can be left on all the time.

But yes if an ECU is sent to me I should have no problem adding it one way or another.

olliecast

Interesting this ed.

Be interested in looking at trying this, I currently have a nistune board installed,

Cheers,
Ollie

olliecast

Sounds good ed,

that'd be fine so long as you don't think they'd. Be any need to do it specifically for each car? (Like mapping)

Would the map always kick in below 15 mph? All I'm thinking is would it kick in whilst moving on some of the slower corners on track

Fusion Ed

Pulsar kid, yes that's what I expect will happen most often.

Olliecast, 15mph is in reality really slow and I think its not possible to get say 4000rpm below 15mph in any gear so in normal use it should never cut in. I have not tested this enough to be sure, it may need tweaking I don't yet know, but its easy to do so if necessary.

Anyone want to donate a pulsar for me to have a play with.. lol

olliecast

I would be I'm roughly 2 million miles away, I'll keep an eye on this though and see how it develops :)

gtirx2

Is this a ignition cut limiter or fuel cut limiter?I guessing you are using the original speed limiter in the ecu but i cant remember if this cuts the fuel or the ignition?
Also do you think it would be ok to use with msd ignition?

Fusion Ed

It doesn't use the speed limiter at all. It uses ign/fuel cut and also retards the ignition.

It would work fine with any ignition.

gtirjoey

if its a test car you need, i will be a couple weeks or even sooner i only have to finiish off that fuel relay mod you advised them im ready to come down...
could even get down at the weekend if it helps you.....

Last edited: