Stiff bonnet catch - Idea's?

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Hiya

Has anybody else on here had any problems with opening their bonnet from inside the car??

I cant even open mine now the catch is that stiff, I pull it and it feels like its going to snap and eventually the bonnet opens.

Any ideas?

Cheers :D

mattygti-r

the cable most likely

when you get the bonnet undone have al ook at where the wire/cable goes in sometimes it pops out mine had a simialar problem but put it back in and its a ok

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine's abit like that, it requires a damn good pull to make it pop.
I keep meaning to lubricate it, but keep forgetting as I don't go under there too often :oops:

S

stomski

i had this problem (most noteably at the PTS Meet :roll: )

myself and zia had to take off the front mesh of my grill and go in through there, we then sprayed the spring and mechanism with the trusty wd40 and then a few days later a slapped a whole tin of grease on the little git and now works fine. :wink:

warringtonjack

Just to add my tupence, i have the same problem, need to pull the lever until it feels like my ickle fingers are gonna snap, then finally pops open! WD40 it is then!! :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do the cable include the mechanism at the bonnet end?

I've just lubed mine, but it hasn't made alot of difference. I think mine might require a new cable as it feels stiff in the car with the bonnet open:?

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Thanx

Think I'll try the good ol WD40 first then.
Just need to get it open first lol

Timur 008

Spray through the grill onto the catch point to loosen things up a bit :wink:
then hey presto!!! - well.... :roll: should work :wink: :D 8)

S

stomski

Timur 008 said:
Spray through the grill onto the catch point to loosen things up a bit :wink:
then hey presto!!! - well.... :roll: should work :wink: :D 8)
wish that would have worked for me :( ended up taking the whole front to pieces, still havent put the grill back on :roll: :wink:

antgtir

Fast Guy said:
Do the cable include the mechanism at the bonnet end?

I've just lubed mine, but it hasn't made alot of difference. I think mine might require a new cable as it feels stiff in the car with the bonnet open:?
I dont think the whole assembly will come with the cable, but if it where me i would try and replace that first and if its still as stiff then go for the new assembly.

Cant see the cable being to higher price but not to sure on the assembly, you know what Nissan are like lol :roll: :lol: