Start Problem ..

Paul

Don't forget what I said. I very much doubt anyone is as familiar with the ECCS wiring on a pulsar as me.... I even have pulsar ECUs running in (turbo) Nissan micras ;)

Yes, will do Ed. Thanks for the advice.. Ill be back on here late on tomorrow to post the results anyway.

Dangerous Dave

So what you are saying dave is your shit at hot wiring car's and had to give it up as a living as you could'nt afford to feed my kid's!!:lol::lol::lol:
Am not to bad when it come's to a fiat 126 but lets be honest how meny of them do you see on the roads these day's:roll: and your kids are costing me far to much ive still not had your cheque through the post yet:twisted:.

see if the bits work you have from Bob but tbh mate i would ring the bloke up to let him know whats going on with your motor.

Last edited:

Paul

are you sure you have the fuel pipes the right way round on the rail?
the pipe from top of fuel filter goes to the straight pipe in, the other return comes back via the fpr! YES

is the injector resistor plug connected (metal shiny box at top of passenger turret)? YES
are the two earths connected to plenum top? YES
are ignition ht leads connected the correct way round? no1 is oil pump end YES
are all vacuum/boost hoses connected (no open ends) YES
make sure all the plastic multiplugs are connected and youve not left one loose, especially the big one on top of gearbox as that indirectly goes to injector resistor pack NO, I thought my cousin had fitted the new loom you sent me but he hadn't and some of the smaller plugs on the rear of the engine had come away from the loom.

after cranking the engine to try and start it remove the plugs to see if they are wet with fuel or dry!! Not tried yet...

then report back lol
As you can see above Bobby, I looked at the parts that you told me too and some of the plugs from the battery loom had come away and the wires had snapped.. I'm now fitting the new battery loom that you sent me and hopefully that will fix the problem! Only trouble is I can't see where the plugs go, its a bit like the blind leading the blind.. I've used the online workshop guide and have some of the plugs in (E201-E204 and E207) any tips for easier application?

P

pulsarboby

ive not got an online manual to look through paul as the books are down workshop! if you can get a photo of the ones that you dont know then i or someone else maybe able to tell you where they go to by looking at them

all those connectors will only go on one way round (you cannot get them wrong) providing everything is connected and there are no loose plug ends then the car should fire up.
the only one which you can possibly get wrong is the one to reverse light on gearbox as its the same connector as the dizzy i believe. you will soon know if thats been connected wrong as you wont get a spark so will then merely be a case of swapping the two connectors over.

Paul

Ive got most plugs in.. struggling to find a place for the ones marked in red and also the one in blue, it is missing on this picture as this is my old loom, the plug is the same size and shape as the injector plugs that go on the inlet manifold.

Paul

Ended up taking the plenum off as I could see a white plastic mulitplug with no home, this was the knock sensor plug, the sensor wasnt even attached to the engine :doh:

Also when I have removed the plenum and looked at the injectors one of them has an O ring missing, so I now need to replace that..

Question. Which loom is the throttle position sensor plug on as I cant seem to find it!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Without checking, IIRC the same as the fuel injector.

For the fuel injector O rings, just get 4 from your local Nissan dealer. They cost nothing and aren't something you want to fail.

Paul

Thanks to everyone who suggested things to look at, finally got the car started.. it was a faulty earth off the fuel relay..

Paul

I'm sure I would.. although its about to go into the body shop and after that I don't think i'll want to risk ruining the new paint.. well not for at least a month anyway!