standard spring Free lengths

littlewimp

The reason for asking is that i haven,t got a clue what springs i have, iv'e got a set of springs that came with some gabs i bought, they are blue in colour and have 6 coils guite close together with a total number of ten coils, iv'e just taken another set off some kyb's iv'e got and the free length of these are 95 mm longer than the others but only have a total of 7 coils , the problem that i have is that the kyb's were fitted to a car that came without an engine so i don't know what the ride height was. and the other set came in a box with the gabs so i'm not sure what i have!. i don't really want to go to the trouble of building them up and fitting them to determine the ride height. apart from buying a new set has anyone any suggestion's.
Cheers Neil

vpulsar

Doesn't take lone to remove and fit struts mate, Less than an hour to do all four once you know what you're doing.

red reading

Standard springs were black,the only low milage original cars around are vss Irvine and kens in ireland, why not pm them?

littlewimp

Cheers guy's , i might just build up the gab's using the blue springs and fit them, with a bit of luck she may sit ok, around 1 inch lower on the front is ok i believe? i also have a new whiteline arb to go on at the same time. Cheers Neil.