Standard boost?

LJ

Bought the car a couple of weeks back off stomski on here and before selling it he had it rr at PTS. The car made 274 BHP and is apparantly running standard boost :D
Is this possible? It has full mongoose and K&N and thats it as far as i know.
Also on the standard boost guage it shows it boosts to just below 7, have read that with a boost increase it will go off guage, is this right??

geetee

yep with increased boost, the gauge goes of the scale.

Damn good power result for those mods though.

Perhaps get it on an RR yourself to check it out :?:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
274ish is normally 1bar territory. Standard boost is about 10.3psi (around 5ish on the gauge) 1bar should just go off the gauge.
It sounds like it's running a little more than standard, but less than 1bar, so it's a good result.

Nigell_d6

At power engineering in Uxbridge, I reached 287 bhp at 6138 rpm with standard setup other than sports fuel pump & AFR, trouble is a month later dropped a cylinder liner :cry:

R

r5ben

im running normal boost too and mine goes up to 7 as well ??? :? :shock:

A

Anonymous

I made 287bhp running 1 bar, 235bhp on standard boost.

standard boost gauge is inacurate and pants. get an after market one.

geetee

what Hudson said.

Don't rely on the standard boost gauge.

But also don't ignore it. If you're on a standard setup and your gauge is going over the end - you may have a pipe off somehwere. Typically it's the one underneath the TMIC frame that people forget to reconnect.

If it's off, you run unlimited boost. It'll be damn quick for a short while.

Cheers
GeeTee

skiddusmarkus

Going right up to the 7 is over standard boost-they normally go up to within a couple of lines of it,and 3 or so if it's hot.

LJ

Yea the standard guage usually reads one or two lines below 7 but will get an aftermarket one sorted out too be sure.
Going to have it set up this month at one bar so if it is running standard boost it should be pretty damn quick :D

Nigell_d6

They were nice while doing it, I let my son loose in it the next day and it aquired the rattle so now lots of juicy bits are now being fitted.

Found out that the injectors are standard so am fitting 600 with remapped ecu and uprated turbo, I might have it finnished by October, ready for santa pod, depends when the short block arrivives!!