Stand alone ECU's!!!!

RO_SUNNY

Cheers fellas.

I was wondering wich kind of stand alone ecu's are you runing.

I am buying now an Megasquirt....does anyone tested yet???

Cheers

Trip

if you want the best standalone ECU, go for Motec or AEM. AEM is a plug&Play job..

Haltech also has one for our cars which also do a Plug&Play harness. I had one of these but decided to change since i found 0 support in this country. I think i still have the PnP harness somewhere.

Apexi PowerFC is a plug & Play job too but its old technology and retains the MAF.

I am sure others have tried other models.

Empty Pockets

Pretty sure aem don't do a plug & play ems unit for the GTiR, Should be able to use the universal unit but deffo no plug & play.

Trip

I am pretty sure AEM do a Plug & Play unit for the GTiR.

Code is 30-1600

Probably not listen on the site but they do it.

RO_SUNNY

I also have Nistune allready installed on my ECU.

red reading aka Danny told me it's the best thing to have money/performance wise!!

What you think guys??

steve963

Nistune is good for upto about 480bhp, which is when a z32 maxes out, Nistune dosent work with MAP sensors

Trip

you can do even 500bhp with standard internals but it will only last a 1minute if you are lucky :)

Depending on the power you want to achieve. As Steve963 said, the limiting factor is the MAF.

DJU1988

i was in touch with a local tuning firm the other day who said they would change the wiring loom to a 200sx loom and fit an HKS F-con and said they've done it on a couple of other pulsars and got real good results. Anyone else seen this?

snoon

I was offered the HKS ecu by TDI North, but the price was just far too expensive. Your just paying for the HKS name.

I went with the Haltech E8. Seems good so far and is full of features. I suppose it's all down to what support you have locally and who can map it for you.

Fusion Ed

Megasquirt for pulsar = no point. Stock ecu re-map by using Nistune, emulators or whatever is the best way to go (and by far the cheapest)

Nistune is good for upto about 480bhp, which is when a z32 maxes out, Nistune dosent work with MAP sensors
Did 463 on a Z32 and was no where near maxing it.

Anyway, Solaris http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/ (due to be re-named soon) can pretty much be made plug and play and will blow away any of the already mentioned ecus in this thread. :)

I have fitted and mapped these to EVOs but they are not cheap.

cmng

Talking on ECU
first thing you need to ask your self
what you want from the ECU to do
it not asking whatever is the best ECU for your car

if you just need a basic remapping
A nistune, PFC is good enough for you

but if you need more like traction control, antilag
direct ignition, coil pack system, MAP system
Exhaust, boost whatever correction map
then forget about nistune, PFC..
you need to go for other ECU

Motec, AEM, Autronic Haltech ECU price tag is not just for fueling and ignition function only
there are more function inside. it just you need to utilise it then only worth on price tag you pay for it

Trip

Talking on ECU
first thing you need to ask your self
what you want from the ECU to do
it not asking whatever is the best ECU for your car

if you just need a basic remapping
A nistune, PFC is good enough for you

but if you need more like traction control, antilag
direct ignition, coil pack system, MAP system
Exhaust, boost whatever correction map
then forget about nistune, PFC..
you need to go for other ECU

Motec, AEM, Autronic Haltech ECU price tag is not just for fueling and ignition function only
there are more function inside. it just you need to utilise it then only worth on price tag you pay for it

:thumbsup:

RO_SUNNY

.......So the I will be sticking with the Nistune (wich I allready have).

For the launch control I think I will be going for the Bee*r......