Spax springs

GTI-R Nath

Was thinking about getting a set of these since my avo springs are fooked, and i cant afford coilovers at the moment, just wondering if anyone is using them on standard shocks and can tell me what they ride like, and have any pictures of how low they make the car cheers

steve963

ive got some, they are ok, 17`s have about 1 inch all way round arch, mine are 75cm drop at front 30 or 40 at rear, but due to cusco top mounts its about evenly lowered

GTI-R Nath

Iv only got 16" but my main concern was if the shocks would bottom out since the springs sit pretty low, and if the wheel would rub the arch liner

think my avo springs are a 35mm drop.... rear looks about right but front looks like it could come down allot more so spax sould look good

Last edited:

steve963

no bottoming out or rubbing in mine with 17`s i think they are 205 35`s , apart form wheel on ARB but this is due to offset, do get worse bump steer, when going over white lines etc

dont forget my top mounts make the 75mm front drop ok, i would go for 40 without the top mounts

lakeview

Ive got some on my shocks to be honest I don't like them at all.i hate the look of the car with them on too,far too much of a drop on the front of the car

Rob