Slight missfire

PulsarLee

Guys,

Anyone got any ideas about a missfire i have........and dont laugh about the attempted sound effects :lol::oops:

My R has this slight missfire on tickover...... cant tell when im driving, just on tickover - sounds like this....

mmmmmmmmmmpfpfmmmmmmmmmmmmpfmmpfpfmmmmmm etc.

sounds like its got a slight miss on 1 cylinder, when driven dosent seem to miss but can be heard constantly on tickover (especially as the exhaust has a slight leak).

suggestions welcome guys

Lee

P

pulsarboby

that noise would suggest its 'hunting' in other words an air leak somewhere!
or possibly worst case scenario its a sticky or badly seated valve on exhaust side and popping through exhaust.

Fusion Ed

If your paranoid do a compression check else don't worry about it. Most likely to be one of the throttle bodies is slightly out of alignment or cams or another number of things. You can if you want put vacuum gauges on the tbs and check they are balanced but its probably not worth the effort.

John

Mine did that after its engine rebuild a couple of years ago, turned out it had a very slight air leak which I diagnosed via the vacuum readings.

PulsarLee

I changed the plugs and leads not so long ago.. and all appear to be a lightish colour, wondered if it could be a weak lead or possibly a bit or arching in the distributor cap?

think ill try the compression test also.. assuming good readings, what will the comp test rule out.

cheers