Slight Hesitation at 1 Bar?

nickg123

Sometimes when you boot it - running 1 bar (or just under) i get a slight hesitation, is this lack of fuel doing this??

I had ordered a Walbro fuel pump - but that was 2 Months ago and i've still not received it!!!

Any ideas?

www.anythingcars.net - Make All Your Pulsars Dreams Come True [8D]

Curtis

Could be the pump, but then again it could be a lot of things...
If your worried get it checked out on a RR where they can monitor the fueling. Or just take it easy till the pump arrives, fit it and try it then. 2 Months is a long time to wait, where did you order it from? Can you not cancel it and get one from somewhere else?

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

nickg123

I ordered it from that SR20performance site the USA, i've mailed them at least 5 times but not heard a thing back now!!!

I don't know what to do really......

Is it relatively easy to change the fuel pump? I'm thinking about just ordering one from somewhere over here!

Any ideas where?

Curtis

Fitting doesn't look too bad: http://forum.gtiroc.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6511 Though I've not done it myself yet. [;)]
It's a shame if SR20performance are not proving reliable as I was going to order one from them soon.

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

nickg123

I've just sent 3 mails to them with proof of purchase etc - but i doubt i'll hear back! I'm really annoyed about it actually.

Hopefully i can get one soon, i'm pretty sure that's what it needs!

It only does it some times though......

GINGA

try changing the fuel filter is you haven't already[;)]
other than that do a ecu fault code test just just incase

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's

nickg123

Fuel filter was new a couple of months ago - i assume it should still be ok? Maybe worth changing again anyway, as they're so cheap!

How do i do an ECU Fault code check? Will that show that the ECU could be faulty?

G

GTI-R Kid

Changing the pump is pretty straight-forward. The only difficult bit is getting the 4 (?) pipes off the top cover without damaging them.

Sorry to hear that you're having such trouble with sr20performance, i had mine about 4 weeks after i ordered it from them.[V]

Rob

G

gagge

I provide these pumps for £112 incl P+P. takes 1-2 weeks to get them.. just mail me if interested...

I'm on my second GTi-R

T

TOMI GTI-R

might want to shorten ya spark plug gaps
mate. the increase in boost is probably blowing ya spark out

kyepan

Have been getting similar probs on and off for past few weeks :cry:

could it be me or as the weather changes to colder damper mornings, could all these hesitation and odd ignition problems be down to damp and dirty electrical connections/leads?

I sprayed everthing electrical on saturday and afterwards the thing took off, was three up on saturday night and the thing kept on going and going. But on sunday day it was hesitating again.

WD40... on every connector i could find, cam cover to seep into plug wells. etc.. seemed to be a temporary solution.

at the weekend am doing the following

fitting new HT leads
checking spark gap (aiming for 0.7mm)
doing compression test just to be safe.

:p

E

Edd

check my reply in ur other thread nick about the boost cutting, but suggest you get it checked asap