Single piston DV on a R

S

Stoned

Can you use a single piston DV on the R without problems?

I'll be needing to use one while my BOV is sent back to be sorted out. I've got a baileys DV from my old Fiesta Turbo. The valve works fine but while it's on the GTI-R idles a bit lumpy and frequently the revs dip below 800 where it suddenly kicks into life again

J

jasegould

Yep, I agree, i hAD ONE THAT FOOKED MY IDLE UP WELL AND TRULY

S

Stoned

lol I would matty but your metal bung was so big I ended up having to use a HAMMER to get it in. It's not comming out again so I dont have a lot of choice in the matter.

Can I reconnect the recirc valve without connecting the recirc pipe?

It'd be like a atmospheric DV without the hissing noise :)

S

Stoned

So rather like a single piston DV then lol

I cant win in either situation. I guess ill just drive around off boost until I get my BOV back.

skiddusmarkus

Dunno,never ran a single piston but tried a recirc on only connected on one end to see if a problem I had was BOV(it was)and off boost it sounded like it was running on 3.

ashills

i ran the standard recirc to atmosphere when i first got car as i didnt have a adapter to recirc it with and it just ran very rich all the time
if uve got a AFC or emanage etc there is ways to use single piston DVs if u really wanted to

M

Mr Overboooost

i had a bailey single piston BOV for a while with no problems whatsoever :?

cheers
gary :)

S

Stoned

Cheers lads, I dont want to use it at all. I want my shiny BOV to work and use that :?

But as long as it aint damaging my car in the mean time i'm happy

Thanks for the advice