silencer..

Spikey

I have a Full stainless Jamsa Exhaust system and the Backbox looks like the Factory one so its not to loud. Also have a goose Decat silencer if Interested.

gtirx2

lol - I noticed that spark plug too.

There's also a second silencer in that system further down.

This is what it looks like when it exits on the other side (observant members may recognise the car, and know it's not mine):

...and this is what it looks like with a twin-exit system:

And this is what it looks like when it dont bloody fit:lol::doh:

geoff pine

does anyone run the mongoose silencer (decat replacment) ?? am looking to buy one £100 new crazyy
how much diff is it sound wise? sounds like a fart atm.
anyone know wher i can get a silencer made custom cheaper?
The decat muffler is not the way to go as i tried with and with out one there's no real noticeable difference just get an exhaust builder to fit the largest back box you can afford . It will need to exit on the opposite side but you will soon get used to that. It makes the car much more enjoyable to drive and you probably will no lose much in performance.:thumbsup:

skiddusmarkus

When I removed my mongoose decat for a straight through pipe it was a lot louder, went back to the mongoose part the same day.I even had a neighbour come out moaning about it and he never had done before.The best way though is to get a big back box made up.

I also have a mongoose downpipe back for sale, inc decat silencer and 3.5" tip.

jamieddd

yeh u can hear the car coming from a diff postcode lol
dont any companies hks 5zigen etc sell one (with bak box)??

GTIR-NZ

has anyone considered importing the varex remote control exhaust system that Xforce in Aussie make? I asked them how much to ship and it worked out to be around $500 Aussie dollars or £330. They said if i got 5 or more orders, there was a 20% discount. i'm seriously considering getting one though.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I did look at one of those A'Pexi variable exhaust valves for mine, but when I enquired about it the importer basically said they were shite and he didn't want to sell me one for a GTi-R.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is the A'Pexi one spring-driven? Maybe that's the issue with them; you get corrosion then it sticks and stops working... either that or they were just lazy bastards.

The concept makes sense to me, but I think I'd rather just have a quiet exhaust that doesn't need fiddling with.