Significance of rocker cover colour

dombat

Is there any reason why rocker covers are different colours (not custom paint jobs :)? Mine is red and I see lots of blue.

Mr GTiR

dombat said:
Is there any reason why rocker covers are different colours (not custom paint jobs :)? Mine is red and I see lots of blue.
No it's just persoanl preferance. They leave the factory as red.

In my case mine is polished.

MORF114

If you mean none custom paint job and your seeing blue cam covers your probably not looking at a R cam cover. probably a silvia or bluebird cam cover.

turboloon

a purple one is usually a norris design fettled motor, but don't just go by the color of the rocker !!! my 'r has a stg1 norris engine, and on the paper work he charged the previous owner £100 for the rocker cover ...wtf, it's a rocker cover for feck sake,people just try and pull the pants over yer heid at any given oppertunity...grrrr rant over,ps forgot to say it is lightened and balanced lol!!

Last edited:

Scotty

I have even been told that if you put twin go faster stripes on it like all those nova:doh: drivers you will get upto 18bhp:der:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Scotty said:
I have even been told that if you put twin go faster stripes on it like all those nova:doh: drivers you will get upto 18bhp:der:
But only if you get them the right way round else they cause drag ;-)

B

butch1234

kenan said:
But only if you get them the right way round else they cause drag ;-)
so thats where i have been going wrong all these years cheers bud :doh: :lol:

MORF114

turboloon said:
a purple one is usually a norris design fettled motor, but don't just go by the color of the rocker !!! my 'r has a stg1 norris engine, and on the paper work he charged the previous owner £100 for the rocker cover ...wtf, it's a rocker cover for feck sake,people just try and pull the pants over yer heid at any given oppertunity...grrrr rant over
I certainly wouldnt paint one for free, i agree on his price of 100 quid. for the work that is involved to do it properly and the proper paints and sundries etc its a reasonable price considering its not a 1 hour job.

I can repair and paint any panel on a car and charge more money in less time it takes to do a rocker cover properly back to ali.

Last edited: